Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2003 Yamaha Owners....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Yamaha Owners....

My buddy ordered a '03 Banshee "LE" a few days after they were announced. The dealer said that it would be no problem to get it in for him. Well a couple weeks went by without hearing anything so he called the dealer up and he said that it probably wouldn't be in Until sometime in August. I was shocked, but my buddy is "in love" with this dealer (who I think is a jerk) and he accepted it. I talked to a guy on here shortly after the '03's were arriving at dealers and he was picking up his "Limited Edition" that week.

Anyway, he's been calling him every couple of weeks since and keeps hearing "I contacted Yamaha, but I'm waiting for my invoice" (or something like that). I just want to know...is this guy for real???

I have caught this guy (dealer) in a blatent lie a few times...that is why I won't do business with him. For instance, I wanted to order a Yamaha Jersey that I saw on their website. I got the description as well as the part # and I gave it to him. He said that he would order it that Monday (this was on Friday). I called him back on Tuesday to make sure it was ordered and he said "Oh, well the thing is, I called Yamaha and they don't make that Jersey anymore". I knew something was up because it was this years Jersey which had only been out for like a month at the time. I called another local dealer up and they said no problem and had it to me the next week.

My buddy and another friend of ours think he's great and won't listen to me.

Well I was just wondering what you guys thought of this mess. Thanks for reading.

-Josh