Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Alba Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alba Banshee

has any one bought one of these? I live in northern cal, so a 9 hour drive wouldn't be bad compared to the shipping cost. Just wanted to know if the ads are real and you actually get what they say, and there isn't any hidden costs![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Range Rover
Default Alba Banshee

i bought an alba raptor and it was sick no hidden charges and it ran great but as always it had to be sold[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but thats ok i love my custom raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Banshee

I have an 01 raptor also how did the axis shocks and A-arms change the handling? I'm also not very far from Custom axis shop. those were my choice of what to use on the raptor. The deal Alba has on A-arms and shocks is hard to beat, but it comes with works steelers. I know the price difference is a-lot but you get what you pay for![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Banshee

you might check the roster for someone with that name or sumthin close. about 2 weeks ago somebody back east bought one and was having it shipped there.
sorry dont rem his name.. i thot it was alba banshee or sumthin close to it.
one of those banshee guys will know...

Old 11-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Alba Banshee

hey lowbowtie
the difference is like night and day the handling is great and on the track everything gets smoked in the turns..i was a little shakie at first cuz i was so use to the tippieness but i started gettin ballsy and goin faster around turns and found that that quad wasn't goin n e where and the shocks lowered it and that was great with handling too! my opinion is get the shocks its a big difference and you'll appreciate it in the end. its great trust me
Dom

Old 11-13-2002, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Banshee

Thanks Dude[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2002, 09:01 PM
Range Rover
Default Alba Banshee

Alba has been doing sport quad hop ups for customers for over 13 years. I have a alba like 5 miles from my house and i think they are a great company. Two of my friends have bought from them and had no problems yet.

Old 11-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Banshee

I have a albabanshee, you have a choice of pipes,filter kit,dyno jets,graphics and a seat! i think its a good deal

Old 11-27-2002, 04:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Alba Banshee

Bowtie,

My shee started out as an alba shee back in '96 when it was new. All in all it was a good deal but I had a couple plusses and minuses with them. Please take this for what its worth and remember this was '96...

Pluses: When I got there to complete the deal (sign paperwork etc..) the financing had been taken care of over the phone. I was told by the salesman that any accessories I needed could be had tonight only @ dealer cost for anything in stock at the parts counter..Yipee!!

The sales staff was always a pleasure to deal with and I felt they went out of their way to help us out. I also got a blaster for the wife at the same time and they explained everything to her about her bike. Her bike was the same deal with pipe, tires, etc....

I feel I got a fair deal there and left satisfied overall. I even sent friends there last year and they picked up a shee and a warrior and were satisfied.

Minuses: When I was completing the deal over the phone I was told everything was set and i'd have to come down and sign title, financing, etc... and take delivery of the bikes. It was a 2 hour each way trip for me so I didn't want to go back a bunch of times. I confirmed that the bikes were going to be ready to go, this was confirmed by the salesman. When we got there only my wifes bike was ready to go. They didn't have my banshee ready because the wheels were still at the polishers! It was still in the crate and they wouldn't prep it without wheels. I had to schedule a return trip 2 days later, get this though.... The wheels were still not back!! They gave me the bike after raising hell with the service manager with stock gold wheels. One of their mechanics happened to live in my area and dropped off my polished set 1 week later and after I went riding twice on their tires..

I had 1 other bad deal there I was not happy with but it was a service/Yamaha issue. My wifes blaster had 2 weekends on it and we went to Dumont. She was riding behind me and this was literally her 3rd time on a bike ever. She was doing well enough that we went to the little dunes in the back just for some play riding. We were going good and then I lost her.. I double back and she's sitting at the bottom of a bowl (bad..) trying to kick the bike over. No fire so I give it a shot, no compression! tow it back and call alba monday morning. The salesman said that since it had a pipe on it etc.. that it would void the factory warranty and it couldn't go to any other dealer, if i bring it to alba they't cover it.

Another trip to alba to drop off and 2 days later I get a call from mechanic. There is a hole in the top of the piston the size of a quarter. I get a free rebuild from them but now the bike is 6th over because of cylinder scores. I was not happy about this at all. Mechanic procedes to tell my wife that if she would've been riding the bike faster it wouldn't have happened. After I go off on the guy he agrees that i'm right and the hole could've been caused by a leak in the case or a bad crank seal and had nothing to do with the speed at which the bike was being ridden. 5 more trips later the bike seizes when she is making a bathroom run in glamis, now out of warranty of course! rebuilt top end again then seizes once more 2 trips after. I sold the bike and am glad i did. Most headache was thanks to yamaha but alba had a bit to do with it. a leakdown test would've been nice after the 1st rebuild, if nothing just to make me comfortable with the repair, that obviously wasn't the only problem.

All in all a good deal with them but if you get something that breaks, you need to stay on top of it no matter where you buy it from.

Good luck!

Old 11-27-2002, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Banshee

Thanks for the heads up. I will only make one trip, cause mine will be 9-10 hours. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]