Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Races as I saw them.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Races as I saw them.

Well heres the day as I seen it there. I was there RRC was'nt. Firstly DollarBillz and Dsmike are very cool Guys. 14 mins warmed up later in the day. I was waiting for the Texas boys to get home to post to see how this was going to go down. Here it is. The Texas boys showed up and we were all alittle apprehensive at first.
DollarBillz was the first guy I talked too, he's cool as hell then It was Steve and his Dad mike, Steve is a Great rider and a nice guy and his Dad is well...... Pretty Quiet. 14mins seemed alittle agitated then after a little warm up session got into the mix. The track was loose and dusty. Well the Races weren't started yet and everyone was runnin the Track. This is when Jay and 14mins were runnin, this was after 14mins fixed the Revlimiter.
14mins beat Jay, it was close though it was no asskicken. Then jay had a buddy of mine ride Tuned Raptor He beat 14mins 2 times then 14mins quit racing for the day due to clutch problems I guess. He would'nt race Jay again. So we get the clothes pins out for the triple elimination. Jay on Tuned, Chad on the Robertson 727, Ronnie on the NoS bike, and Steve on the Alky stage 2 DS. 14mins on the phone in the Truck. The 727 and DSmike were trading wins,
Ronnies machine lost once to the 727 but not after that, that NoS is a bad bad machine. Jay to all three not bad for a Raptor "Stock Bore" with headwork, yes the Tuned machine is a 660. That Alky DS is a Freakin Runner too. Then we were bullsh!ttin after the Race which came down too DSmike and DollarBillz after the 727 was knocked out buy the NoS machine. DollarBillz wheeled outta the hole and flipped over and snapped the NoS bottle off. So it would go to DSmike. But, the NoS machine was the fastest I thought. Then after it was done 14mins wanted to run the 727 after he got off the phone. The Robertson 727 destroyed the Craycraft machine by about 6 bikes twice. Then 14mins quit racin after that. I have pics #21 #22 #23 #24 in sequence of that race if anyone wants them. So Robertson ran Dynos for the Texas boys free of charge at the shop after that.Ask them for thier #s I'm not givin them out. Thats when I actually got to talk to 14mins he's a cool guy, he gave my kid one of those little blue Toy Raptors and gave jay a Black and white one to remind him of the SuperChicken. I thought that was funny. I will have to give RaptorRRC aside from all the Sh!tTalkin he can build a fast machine for Basically doing it from his Garage. Props to ya RRC. But yes 14mins beat Jay before the Race and then would'nt race him again for the rest of the day after Chad beat him on Tuned machine hell chad even beat Ronnie on the Superchicken with Tuned. I appreciate you all comin all the way up here, you guys are cool and I wish you guys coulda stayed to Drink massive amounts of beer. I'm still hungover Ronnie, you missed a wicked time the Bar was Slam Packed and the Girls were Hot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 14mins, thanks for the Raptor Toy, you do have a fast Machine. Steve and Mike thanks for burnin my eyes out on the Dyno with that Alky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I had fun and thats the Day as I saw it. You guys know that is how it went down. It was a good day. However, I will be seeing you with the Black Robertson Alky727 soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

I guess jay has posted the Results already whoops.

Old 11-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Guys take notes on this report from Zombie. There is a difference between just saying who won and putting up a real report. Thanks Zombie for some real insight on what happend. Sounds like a great time and some really good competition. I am glad to hear it all went down with good sportsman ship and noone got hurt from wrecks. Gets ya pumped for 4 stroke wars dont it!!

Old 11-17-2002, 06:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I never lost to Jays machine. Ronnie was working on my clutch and stalled on the line against (Jays machine???? with different rider???) and made 1 more pass against?? while working on my machine??????

Mark Robertson has a maxed out 727 and i tried multiple times to run it. Most of the time i stalled on take off due to clutch problems. I did not come 750 miles to sit on the sidelines.

The dyno runs were not free. I know that i paid and i believe that DSMIKE paid 40 dollars. I may be wrong on DSMIKE. I was off the graph lean from 5k up to 9. You guys spent the day friday installing rings, pipes, cams and making dyno runs and doing gearing changes and tire swapps. I am just glad that my machine started. Cause if it did not i would have pushed it the 300 feet against jay. LOL

I am not whinning cause i had a quad there and tried, i won what i set out to do. Knocking off ROBERSTSONS hot rod would have been gravy for my small block rappy.

You guys are lucky to have Mark Robertson in your corner. He has a 1st rate shop and the knowlege to get the job done. My first trinity did not run that strong.

Zombie get that quad and come down to Texas, i will leave the light on for you.

Back to Jay for a second. I think he talked more than his quad could back up.

Old 11-17-2002, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

So, 14mins, you are calling Zombie a LIAR!

Bold move my man! Big statement!

I think you just bit off more that you can chew.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Old 11-17-2002, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Conflicting reports, aint that sweet. LOL Wasn't this at a drag racing facility? Shouldn't there be some time slips to back things up?

Old 11-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Where are all the pictures? Are they posted somewhere? Inquiring minds would like to know. I have some space to post pics/video if needed....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2002, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

i think only fsw is going to decide this once and for all
then we can all see the results

Old 11-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Zombie is going to be the one with a fast machine up there. I saw it in Robertsons shop, it was not torn down. It looked like it could have been playing with us???

ALL BS aside we drove up, unloaded and kick butt. They spent 2 days getting ready and we went to there house not knowing if ours would even run when we unloaded. It was daylight and cold. Not my favorite conditions.

Old 11-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I just reread Zombie post. It is not right.

I raced jay 3 times back to back to back. It was not close enough to warrant another try. I never raced his bike again with or without Jay as the driver.

I tried 4 or 5 times to run the 727, 2 times i never left the line and 2 times he had me 20 feet out of the hole. I forgot the 5th time. He was not walking off from my initial takeoff.

You guys are more than welcome to come to the 660 foot track at my house for a retry.

The track was more like 2 trails with hay bales down the middle. There were no lights to tell who jumped and did not. We would have raced in the alley if we had too. The track was the same for everyone. DSMIKE was the only one at a disavantage. When we pulled up they were making runs and switching tires. It was 2 dam cold for me. I was going to short shift instead of fix the rev limiter. Dollarbillz fixed it following Raptorrc"s advice.

Quick Reply: The Races as I saw them.