Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Custom look?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom look?

hey guys anyone got any tips to make my blaster look differnt from all the rest with out spending much money???cuz we got a but load of blaster running around here... i want mine to be differnt

Old 11-21-2002, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Custom look?

a friend of mine polished his silencer . after i saw it i had to get mine done . it looks a hole buch cooler . also automotive pinstriping can add some pretty interesting lines also . they both can be done real cheap .

Old 11-22-2002, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Custom look?

Is there anything that i can do with some spray paint? or do you have to use special paint to paint stuff like the kicker you know all that stuff... also i was thinking of polishing them myself... is there something that i have to do or can i juss take a air compressed thingy that i got at home and do it wit that?

Old 11-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Custom look?

Hey Blaster 2 fast. I did alot of "custom" paiting on my Shee with just spray paint. I got pretty good at it and make it look nice. I put about 10,000 thin coats on it so it would stay. I painted my bumper, nerf bars, grab bar, throttle and brake cover, clutch cover, and planing on painting my wheels. Make sure to get good spray paint. I used Krylon "appliance expoxy" which produced the best results. I doubt u'd want to polish something by yourself. But if u wanted to, start with a 1/2way coarse grain sand paper and keep sanding with less and less grain paper. With lots of time and work, you would have yourself a nice looking piece of polished alum. But make sure if you are going to spray paint, do it right the 1st time.

-nick

Old 11-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Custom look?

I just got finished painting my subframe/bumper/grab bar/shifter/brake pedal/footpegs/brackets, all glossy black. I just used High heat enamel, like the kind of stuff used to paint Barbeque grills. Looks sweet! Sanded it all down (a lot of work), put a coat of primer on, then about 10 coats of thin paint on everything, then I finished up with about 4 coats of clear coat, to make it glossy. Has held up so far (only 2 weeks) even on the footpegs.

I painted the wheel hubs on my DS650 orange, about 6 months ago, and they still look good. I did the same thing, but used Engine enamel, which can be found at Autozone, or Oreilley auto parts.

P.S: I tried to polish my starter cover, and it's a LOT more work than you think. That little thing took like 2 hours, and &10 worth of sandpaper. I should have just left it alone.

I like the pinstripe Idea.

Old 11-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Custom look?

alright thnx guys i think i will go get some of that paint. and about that polish thing it wasnt really polishing it. but we got this thing that spins really really fast and its got like a buncha wires or something on it and it cleans it up REALLLY nice makes it look real good, so i figured i would use that on some things.