Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The great ideas of ITP

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The great ideas of ITP

I ordered a set of ITP reinforced competition race wheels about a month ago. This was a set of 4 for the front and rear of the banshee. My dealer ordered them from Motorcycle Stuff. The rears were sent without problem, but the fronts were said to be backordered until the next week. Well, 4 weeks have went by and no wheels. My dealer (who is a good friend) called White Bros, Parts Unlimited, and other distributors who all said this wheel was on backorder. This morning I called Nacs Racing and others who also all said they were on backorder and should be shipped any day. Well, I finally called ITP this afternoon. The man at ITP told me that the wheels WEREN'T backordered, but discontinued and they just hadn't told their dealers yet. They were replacing it with a "clover leaf" style wheel. If you haven't seen these, they have half circles in the center to give a "clover leaf" look. I hate this look.

Even worse, I have already mounted my tires on the rear wheels and have put the wheels on the bike. I have the old style for the rear (although they are brand new) and if I can get the fronts, they will be the "clover leaf" style. I have $166 a piece rear wheels that I have to take off and I must buy 2 more rears at $166 if I want my wheels to match. Isn't that a b!tch!!! ITP says they can't help me I am stuck with mismatched wheels since there is no "manufactures defect". I asked if they could contact some of their dealers to see if any had some in stock. They said they didn't have any way to contact their dealers. You would think if they pulled a style, they would let their dealers know or pull the entire style from the shelves to take care of problems like this.

I called several places I found on the internet today and all said that wheel is backordered. Go figure. This has pretty much p!ssed me off. Since I don't believe you can post in the ITP forum, my official boycott starts here.

Richard

Old 11-25-2002, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

NOOOOOOOO don't be that drastic. Get some of the regular ITPs and get the rings from OMF and have them welded in. I am thinking about doing this myself. I would put up a link to OMF but I can't remember where it is. I don't really like the cloverleaf design either.

Old 11-25-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

I found out about the change before I ordered my wheels and I actually like it better than the older style. Wish I knew in which direction to point you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

My friend has OMF rings, and they have a different hole size.

I don't like the looks of the new wheels, plus they look like the center could be easier bent.

Old 11-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

So they don't even make the old wheels with out the rings?

I remember you like the ITPs better but what about the Douglas's?

What do the OMF rings look like? I was going to put some on my new paddles but if they're ugly I might just take a chance on bent rims.

Old 11-26-2002, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Ward, they still make the old wheels without rings. OMF rings look fine, but they won't match the BRAND new rear wheels I just bought. If I bought the douglas wheels they would also be different than my BRAND new rear ITP's since douglas only has half the number of holes in the ring. They only way to get matching wheels is to buy all 4. Then I would have two new rears that can't be matched.

Old 11-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You said that earlier didn't you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I guess I am slow sometimes.

Old 11-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Whoooooo! Jackpot! Ronnies Mail Order is the shiznit!!!!!!!!! Called them and told them what I needed. The guy laughed and said yeah we only have 15 of those left. Everyone is wanting them and they are going fast. Asked the price expect to pay out the a$$, and he said $109 a piece[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. I asked about a dozen times if we were talking about the same wheels, and he assured me we were.

THANKS RONNIES!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2002, 05:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How much are they normally? Thats about what I was thinking.

Old 11-27-2002, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

alky , [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] , glad you found them !!!!!!! ive got the scalloped beadlocks with reinforcing rings on 190 from omf . havent had any prob . i am glad to see you found the matches for them .

Quick Reply: The great ideas of ITP