Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SUV... is it okay

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUV... is it okay

The speedo will only need to be recal. if the tire diameter increases not the wheel size.

Old 11-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

bing they don't have a 3/4 denali they do have a 3/4 suburban/yukon xl with that you can get that bit 8.1 or 8.2 litre (not exactly sure) engine thats spose to have lots of hp

Old 11-28-2002, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

All the Denalis ive ever driven had power to spare, Shouldnt be a problem. I hope you like being beat to death, oh and dont go near curbs, rocks, thich gravel, and the such.

Old 11-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

When I switched my Dakota from a sports truck to a enclosed trailer hauler I switched from 60 series Comp T/A's to 6 ply Bridgestones.

You are gonna have all kinds of "squirm" with those tires & it could rip them apart.
Remember the comercial that says "Power is nothing without control"?
You need tough truck tires not low profile sporty tires. JMO

Old 11-29-2002, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

The truck will have plenty of power to pull your 20' trailer with your machines, but I agree with themoose your going to need a better multiple ply tires.

Old 11-29-2002, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

24`s will definatly be a bigger tire size than stock

Old 11-29-2002, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Even after you put the programmer on it to correct speedometer for different size tires, a tire and rim package is going to effec performance. how significant it will is debatable. We put 20's on a new charged lightning and it definitely pulls the motor down a bit. Even on my Jimmy and just putting 17's on it I can tell a difference in how it accelerates and pulls things. Granted it's just a V6 but regardless performance will be effected. Plenty of performanc emods out there though that you can gain the losses back. The biggest killer is just rotating mass, same as if you were to put some big ole 24" atv mud tires on your blaster. 20's look really sweet and the tires are a little cheaper that way for your new Denali.

Old 11-29-2002, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Blastermaster
they have more than just vortec any more cause .3 liters is not enough for 70 hp (unless it is a diesel) I don`t keep up with engines any more cause i`m studying to be a machanic so i`m to busy with my nose in books learning all the systems on cars or working on all these little sissy "pimped out" hondas everbody thinks is so cool

and warriorman you will also need to get your speedo re-calibrated for those wheels
I am dumbfounded at this statement...1st off learn to spell "mechanic". 2nd, if you really are "studying" to be a "mechanic" where are you going to school?? 3rd, if you really were into cars, then you would know that in 1997 GM came out with there Gen. III engines starting in the Corvette with the LS1, which is a 5.7L 346ci (not 350) all aluminum engine. In 1998 that engine became available in the Camaro & Trans Am. Then in 1999 GM made a derivative of this engine for the trucks. Instead of being an aluminum block, they kept it a cast block but changed the sizes of the engines which came to be 4.8L , 5.3L, and 6.0L... these are all V8's. Because of the complete redesign of the engine, they were able to make substantial hp/tq increase as well increase gas mileage.

Dont quit your day job just yet, even tho I am sure McDonalds wont miss a valuable employee like you....Maybe before you go any further with being a "mechanic" you should actually learn something about cars.

TireFryer

Old 11-30-2002, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

hey bud i`d love to see things from your point of view but i can`t get mt head that far up my butt
and if your going to make fun of the way i spell y don`t you do a little asking around first like did you know that fact that i have a little disorder called ADD that makes subjects like math and SPELLING really hard for me and i did say i know every thing about engine, no. so y don`t you just hop right back on that high horse you marched in hear on go the heck away
and by the way i don`t work at Mcdonalds i work at Outback steakhouse
and since i know nothing about cars that would be y one of the worlds largest tech schools is trying to get me to sign there application wouldn't`t it, that would also be why i have the highest grade in when it comes to auto shop wouldn't`t it
that would also be why my teacher is trying to get me to go to the state competition for auto students

Old 11-30-2002, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

Dont wanna sound mean or anything here, but as long as they keep making 4 stroke, piston powered motors, they are all history so I dont care to know their history. There I go back on my soap box again though. And no im not a greenie. I am a hp fanatic, and as a hp fanatic I hate waste. The whole piston engine idea is one big **** waste. Kinda like walking 2 steps forward then 1 back all the way across town, why not just take 3 forward and none back? Stupid pistons. Anywho were way off topic. Just get the Denali, install twin turbos/forged pistons and forget them darn wheels.