Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

any suggestions for a "quiet" slip-on silencer for a RAPTOR???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002 | 04:27 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default any suggestions for a "quiet" slip-on silencer for a RAPTOR???

how about whitebros E series with the quiet core insert?
or the FMF Q4?
or the SuperTrapp quiet pipe?
or just making some mods on the stock silencer.....

I don't want to be in the 100dB range

Old 12-02-2002 | 04:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Right now I would look at the MRBP. I just heard its only supposed to make 93 on a DS.

Old 12-02-2002 | 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

The db level is the same for the raptor as the DS. I have them on my Raptors and they produce great power and sound great.

Old 12-02-2002 | 05:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can vouch for RaptorRRC on his MRBP pipes. They look and sound great! And damn! they are quiet.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-03-2002 | 12:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

do you guys have a link to a site for them???

Old 12-03-2002 | 08:24 PM
Range Rover

I went with the FMF PC4-Q slip on, at first. It brought out a noticable amount of low and mid range torque, but not much at top end. Then I went with the Power Bomb header, and that seemed to bring torque up in ALL RPM's.
I do think, though, if I had bought a regular PC4, I would of had better HP and torque gains. But it would of been at a price, and where I ride I can't have a real loud machine.
I haven't modified the air box yet, it runs real good without it.

Old 12-04-2002 | 09:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<FONT size=2>
For low buck power - Remove the 2 restrictions at the snorkle and up the jetting slightly too 145-150. If noise is not an issue...then you can remove the rear baffle. This will offer a "slight" increase in power.....with or without the baffle removal (I really never could tell much performance difference between it in or out). If one is mechanically inclined or don't mind paying the local shop too install a degree key, then you could go that route. The degree key absolutely gave my Raptor a solid 2 lengths through about 100 yds. Next, you could install a larger front sprocket too take advantage of the nice torque curve of the Raptor.....quicker, but maybe harder too trail ride for some.
For a real gain, you are going too have too add an aftermarket pipe and proper jetting. The quiet series is gonna look nice, but will not yield more power. My E-series is reasonably quiet....and even better at low throttle when I wanna go low key. It's not ear-deafening like a piped 400ex....seriously.</FONT>

Old 12-04-2002 | 10:12 AM
Range Rover

GaryC660R Where did you get your degree key? I hear Sparks isnt making them anymore. Wonder why? So it was a noticable differance?

Old 12-04-2002 | 10:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I got mine through sparks when first available. Without a side by side / before and after comparism with another bud, I doubt one could REALLY tell the difference in performance. Mine was tested many times at the same location / compared with the same machine for a proper baseline. Then once the key was installed, the beforementioned results were attained. Not gigantic, but a definate gain on a stock, piped only engine. Guys down the advance key because the gains are so small....they are not sure if their machine is in fact more powerful.....which is why Sparks may have quit making them (don't wanna deal with ticked off customers).

Old 12-04-2002 | 05:09 PM
|
Pro Rider

which system is quieter.... the MRBP or the FMF PC4Q with the PowerBomb header?????
which one produces more HP???

Quick Reply: any suggestions for a "quiet" slip-on silencer for a RAPTOR???