Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Replacing A-Arm on an 03 Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002 | 05:27 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Replacing A-Arm on an 03 Blaster

Been lurking for a while and finally have a chance to ask my first question. The family was riding this weekend at Ocala National Forest and some idiot in a full size truck came blasing out of the woods and clipped my son on his blaster. The guy was going about 45 MPH and buzzed him on purpose. After the accident he said how much he hated quads and that they should all be banned. He was obviously trying to scare my 13yr old son because he hates quads! After sending the kid to the hospital for a checkout he is fine, not even a bruise. He was very lucky. I think he was more concerned about his quad than he was himself. The upper A arm seems to be the only damage (other than our wits). How difficult is it to replace one of these? I have the part on order from the dealer and was wondering if this is something I can do. Do you need any type of special tools like a joint press or something? Any help would be appreciated. I will try to post some pictures of the carnage tonight so you can get a better feel.

Here are the pics:

ATV Photo Album

Warning! These pics are pretty big, so if you are on dial up you may want to pass this by.