Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Spoke with Genuine Yamaha Service Rep about Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoke with Genuine Yamaha Service Rep about Grizzly

Talked with the Rep today about problems with 03 grizz(4 blown headlights,broken cv joint) today and he made me feel good again about Yamaha. He is sending a Rep to my dealer to look at my Grizz. I asked him if he ever looks at the atv forums and he said often. I asked if he sees all the problems people are having and he said if the dealer cannot rectify it, to please contact Yamaha(1-800=962-7926). He told me to tell everyone on the forums that Yamaha has a team here now working on the boiling gas issue as they want to fix it before the warmer season hits. The fix will be retroactive. If more and more people contact Yamaha about the breaking cv joints and headlights it will help reenforce the need to make them right. He sounded very sincere and said his job right now is to make me a happy and confident Yamaha owner again. After saying that he extended my warranty 2 mos due to my problems. I think they are going to make things right. Please contact them if your dealer can't or won't help. If enough of us explain to them our problems and give them a chance to fix them it will help us all. Again (1-800-962-7926) Thanks.

Old 12-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

great news and I dont even own a grizz !!! I hope it turns out great and hopefully things will get better for team blue!!!

Old 12-02-2002, 09:30 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I am glad you had good luck, but they sure haven't done that for the many failed 01 Raptor transmission owners.

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2002, 03:07 AM
Range Rover

I feel your pain. I have an 03 Grizzly in the shop right now with 10 hours on it and a broken cv joint. The dealership said they would take care of it and that was something that should never break. I asked them if this was a problem with the Grizzlies and they said "no". I told them about all the problems I have read about on the internet and they acted like none of them existed. As long as they take care of the problem, I don't guess I'll get too upset. But it's a hassel having to take a brand new machine back to the shop. Let us know what that Yamaha guy says about the fate of the Grizzlies and if we have any course of action if these things keep tearing up.

Old 12-03-2002, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Its just like the starter issues and tranny issues on the raptor. My dealer acts like he never heard of those issues but parts are always backordered!! I will say this, my dealer or service manager should I say has been more than fair with me.

Old 12-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check this out, I bought a new griz and had problems off the bat fuel boiling ect. after second time in I called Yamaha and of course they offered the same things extended my warranty by a month and i was back to my dealer this time i called yamaha again they offered $100.00 of accessories i declined it and wanted my grizz fixed but before the phone call was over they gave me an additional 6 months warranty cool right!
well my grizz has been tot he shop again and again to no avail i called yamaha and wanted a new griz for this problemed one (just replace it) after all i have less than 40 hours on it att he time been back to the shop 6 times and the 7th time for repairs replacement to plastics which damaged by stalls which caused wrecks, well when i asked for a new griz they canceled my warranties they gave and told my dealer not to do any further repairs on my piece of junk grizzly. so its been sitting now for over a month not fixed, which leave me no choice but litigation!
so yes they try to trick u and sound sincere thats their job when u on the phone but they are viciuos. by the way the rep i talked to was is named Robert hope that helps

Old 12-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

six times in this is my list of things the dealer did:
first time in
1. adjusted valves, floats and changed main jets
2. next time underwrapped the tank with som ejunk foil back insulation
3. next put more heat sheild junk under tank on the plastic tray
4. next time in put special heat shield on fuel line
5. next. put more heat shield above motor head, and adjusted carb and checked and adjusted valves
6. next cleaned bowl (carb) changed plug
7. replace broken body parts from all the stalls wrecks and overheating stalls especially while doing climbs loose control crash down hill.
8. went in the dealer showed me a news letter and said yamaha recomended the side panel mod so i did it reluctantly, afterall whos wants to pay over 7 grand then start cutting holes in the machine?
(FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T UNDERSTAND TO WELL), SIDE PANEL MOD DONE SEE WEBSITE

so yamaha is no saint they know there is a problem and they brushed me off they tried to bandaid the problems but never offered a correction. My therory is the water jacket openings to small?

So please do not be fooled with the tactics of bussiness i want my griz fixed but now i want it replaced or my money back

Old 12-03-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

when you are going to be working your grizz at low idle speed the simple fix is to just take off the two side panles. takes two seconds, and works. althought it doesn't look the same. who cares, you probably don't look any better when working hard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2002, 01:04 AM
The Facility

Broken CV Joints on 2003 models!?!?!

Holy smokes......that was a problem that was fixed on 2002 models by replacing a .75 cent snapring.

You would've figured they would have implented such a minor change to the 2003 models before they left the line.

Good luck.

Old 12-04-2002, 06:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry but u r mistaken, with or without side shields mod or no mod shields it stills over heats vapor locks, sputters, spits, stalls,

Quick Reply: Spoke with Genuine Yamaha Service Rep about Grizzly