Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Alba Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alba Raptor

Im wanting to purchase a new quad. My 350X is fun to ride but I want something bigger and with more power. Im trying to decide between the Raptor and the new Predator. If i get the Raptor Im looking at the Alba. But i dont know what the alba comes with. What parts are modified on them, suspinsion, exhaust, etc.? Which bike would be better the Alba Raptor or the new Predator.

Old 12-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Raptor

I have a Raptor and I just rode a Predator the other night. If you don't want to put $$$ into a-arms, axle, tires, and shocks get a Predator. Performance seemed comparable but it is already wider, better suspended and has better tires and Rims. All for a lower MSRP. As for reliability you'll have to wait and see, but so far the Predator looks like a winner!

Nocando

Thanx my mistake...lol

Old 12-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Alba Raptor

I think what RaptorRider660R meant to say was get the Predator, but I don't want to put words in his mouth. The Predator is suprisingly good.

Old 12-11-2002, 01:41 AM
Range Rover
Default Alba Raptor

How much should I expect to pay for a Predator.

Old 12-11-2002, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Raptor

The MSRP IS $5999. Not too bad at all. If I were you I'd still get the Raptor, But then again I could be just a LITTLE biased![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2002, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Raptor

cant we all tell our friend about buying a first year anything? i've read [on other forums] that the predators are not what Dirt Wheels says they are. SHOCKED I WAS! How could this be?

its your bucks. go have fun. wise it is of you to seek the counsel of others first.
may the force be with you... i think you're gonna need it.

you know what extreme? youre right. the Predator is really a Raptor designed in Yugoslavia......or maybe by studebaker.

Old 12-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Raptor

If I were you I would get the Raptor..... That way you wouldn't have to worry about any unknown problems happening to a new machine that has only been out for a couple months......Plus there are more aftermarket parts for the Raptor which is always a good thing.... Just my.02

Old 12-11-2002, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default Alba Raptor

I would go with the alba raptor, a friend of mine won the one out of dirtwheels last year, it comes with a full exaust, pro-flow kit, rejetted, k&n filter with outerware and a sweet graphics kit and seat cover. I must say the pipe is steel, and might rust later, but I nailed him in third gear and it snapped my prm bumper and didn't even scrath his pipe. The bike also runs vey strong, but cook luck in whatever you get.

Old 12-13-2002, 01:17 AM
Range Rover
Default Alba Raptor

Today my dad bought a cycle trader magazine and on the back was an offer for a 2003 Cannondale Cannibal for $6595 out the door. Ive heard a lot of good things about the Cannondales, and this price sounds pretty good. Would this be a better deal and bike then these other two.

Old 12-13-2002, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Alba Raptor

Better in witch way??? The question you need to ask yourself is what kind of riding do you plan on doing? Then ask again that way we can help in a more efficent manner.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Alba Raptor