top heavy bad handling although raptor has worked out
the bugs and has reverse gravelpits are a must and i know
obviously if i get a pred i can keep up and be even any advice
would be helpful

Old 12-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor or predator looking to buy

GEEEEE....HMMMMMM......This is a Yamaha forum what do you think the majority of the opinions are ????? Did you post the same question on the polaris or suzuki forums ??? Why not ask dear abby ????
I am not trying to flame here but look at the specs, ride them and make your decision. Getting the popular opinion in a particular forum may not be the best choice(especially when brand loyalty becomes a factor).
Good Luck !!!

Old 12-18-2002, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I like the Raptor, It is a little top heavy but nothing some wheel spacers won't take care of. The Raptor (in stock form) give you that boarder line out of control feeling while riding trails and such. When you stay on the throttle while coming out of corners and ruts. I don't know about the top speed of a Predator, but there is no replacement for displacement!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2002, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

They are both nice quads, speed wise very close! Handling and suspension I would say Predator. Predator is a first year quad they usually come with issues..example 2001 Raptor. If reverse is a major issue the Raptor has it.

I am sure you will be happy either way I've ridden both and they are both Nice Fast machines!

Nocando

Old 12-18-2002, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a predator about 2 weeks ago and I LOVE IT........but not as much as my banshee![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But anyways, I've drag raced a few raptors in the dunes and blow them away, even beat all the stock banshees. The Predator is probably the best handling and has the best suspension of any quad i've ever ridden. Plus it has awsome power, a midrange hit that pulls almost like a banshee when climbing. If that isnt enough, its also priced at $5999, about $500 less than a raptor. Hope that helps. And dont bash me too bad......i still love yamaha!

Old 12-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Rottencorndog- let the other predator owners in on you magic ridding style. The predator that the dealer brought out the other day lost to the 2 stock rappys that were here.

Old 12-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

14mins-Well, the dealer must be a pathetic rider to lose to 2 stock raptors, i've beatin 1 stock raptor in a flat drag that's about 300 yards, and another with an e-bros pipe in an up hill drag startin from the base of the hill. Maybe i do have some magic ridin skills, but im not THAT good....doesnt take much, the predator is just a faster and much quicker accelerating bike. By the way, the bike i have is also geared down one tooth at the counter-shaft sprocket and has 8 paddle haulers on stock rims. And these drag races were in the sand.....i dont know if you've been to my local dunes, but if you have, it was at the houser drag strip.

Old 12-19-2002, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

RCD- the predator that we played with had the white pipe on it. He did not rejet and should have. Still it would not blow away the rappys in 300 or 660 on dirt. The stockers won every time(raptors)I was disapointed that the predator was not faster. Polaris had 3 years to make a faster quad. We all rode it, so you can take the rider ?? out of it. I would think when the smoke clears that piped predators and piped raptor will be real close with who gets the holeshot winning the race for either one. I hope that the predator turns out to be a great quad for polaris and brings polaris out to the big sport scene. Maybe the predator will cause the polaris bashing to stop???