Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Finalley got the raptor jetted correctley!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finalley got the raptor jetted correctley!!

I hope,ALL i can say is i hope you know a little about your bikes for your own good,I took my bike to a shop and they put the pipe and so called jet kit,Paid top dollar because i thought it was going to be done right,But i found out lastnight from sixsixt that they did more bad then good....ANyways i put the new jet kit in(GYT-R) and airfilter and i have none of the popping in deceleration and no stuttering when i take off in 2nd or 3rd..I actually saved over a hundred or more if i had went to the yamaha dealership(RIPOFF!).
I dident have to get the pro flow design because i got a helpful hint from patsraptor(I think)and drilled some holes in the top of my filter and placed some bolts to keep it from falling off the carb vents and dirt and sand will not get in there,I appreciate all the help and i get to go riding this weekend..have a great vacation if you have one...

Old 12-19-2002, 09:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad to hear it Sam. It wasn't as difficult as you thought huh? Your next step should be to buy a service manual if you have not already. Jetting, valve adjustments, oil changes, chain adjustmenst etc are things you can do on your own. No need to pay some tech to do it and they may not even do it right as you found out.

Were thinking about hitting Dumont the weekend after Xmas. Might be a Friday till Sunday thing for me.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well i am up for it for sure so let me know,i will be spending christmas up north ,about 5 miles from the pearblossom exit so we can meet there..Is it for sure for you guy's ....I am ready to ride so keeep me posted ,Id like to tag along whereever you guy's are riding so i have some partners to ride with....Going to go out if it dont rain to bad this week to give a test run to the raptor,le you know how it goes,keep me posted ..Thanks

Old 12-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iwannago Iwannago me me me Iwannago

Old 12-19-2002, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh, I don't know. Hmm, Ok, you can come to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sam we don't come up that way to get to Dumont. We'll just have to meet up at Dumont. If sixsixt comes then you guys could probably meet up and drive in together. Like I was telling Tony (angrybajaboy) I'll know for sure next week somtime. To many things can change between now and then. If nothing else I gotta get up there for at least saturday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2002, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

well that sounds good so keep me in touch..Mitch i am going to dove springs if the weather holds up so let me know if you want to go ,we will leave saturday morning and ride all day and probabley spend the night...want to try thr bike out and thanks for all the help...If not then let's talk more about Dumont after christmas day and get that worked out....