Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anything I can do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything I can do?

Hi all. Normally here in ohio we have lots o snow. Well a few weeks ago we only had like 3 inches and it was perfect screwing around/having fun weather on my blaster. Sweet for 180's and stuff. Anyway we now have like a foot of snow and I get almost no traction. Can't even get going outa 1st gear really. Is there any little improvements I can do to increase traction? I was thinking about chains but have no clue how to go about them. I don't really wanna buy new tires yet so that option is out. All help appreciated. Thanks. -alex-

Old 12-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything I can do?

whatever you do, do not use chains. the speed of your tires can make the chains fly off and crack your plastic and break it, and it can hit you and get broken bones, cuts, etc. do not use chains. you can add studs, it wont do much for the snow though. you can lower psi in the tires too, it will put more tire on the ground giving it more traction. or you can buy new tires. and if you do buy new tires, look for the maxxis "4-snow." they might work, they might not. i dont know. good luck