Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 11:46 PM
GB
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster mods

i hav a 96 blaster with a fmf pipe and silencer, a k&n filter, and jetting, im bored.020 over and my head is clipped. wut other mods should i do.

Old 01-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster mods

I would port and polish. you could always run a bigger carb, or run alcky. I'm not sure how much money you want to spend, but you could get a 240 big bore kit, I here they are pretty awsome. th3e oppertunities are endless. what type of riding do you do the most of?

mini

Old 01-21-2003, 11:53 PM
GB
Trailblazer
Default blaster mods

i ride alll a round really but im thinking about racing too. not drag

Old 01-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster mods

like mini said. port and polish, bigger carb, and alky.

Old 01-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster mods

well, i would probably run alcky or race gas, and i would get a bigger carb, if i was racing. I'm not sure what all the rules about closed corse racing are, but do whatever you can get away with. there is a club called faster blasters, and if they reeed this, they may be able to help you out a litlle more. i hope this helps, but its hard to say what all you can do, cuz there are unlimited numbers of mods out there. JMO

mini

Old 01-22-2003, 12:01 AM
GB
Trailblazer
Default blaster mods

wut about the reed cages, rad valves and reed spacers which works the best im thinging about getting one

Old 01-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster mods

I had a blaster, and i got a bigger carb, reeds and a reed spacer, and it made for awsome midrange. The problem is that i did it all at once so i don't know what helped the best. i would recomend a reed space, and a new set of reeds while you have it all ripped aprt. as for a rad velve, i'm not sure how they help.

mini

Old 01-22-2003, 12:08 AM
GB
Trailblazer
Default blaster mods

o and if i got a bigger carb do they give u more top end or mid range or all around power. cus im lookin for all round power really. and do boost botttles do any thing with a bigger carb. srry if i keep askin bout them im jus tryin to get my blaster faster.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster mods

ohh, its no problem.
well a bigger carb will not give you any more power without the right mods. you said you were bored, so it might not hurt to go a little bigger, but i wouldn't get a huge one. i wouldn't get a boost bottle. i think they r a waste. i'm not sure what your best bet is, but maybe you would be better off to call trinity racing, or another big shop, and they will help you set up your bike. if you tell them the type of riding you do, and what you want out of your bike, they will be able to give you options, and maybe some hp numbers. i think that that would be the best thing to do if you want alot mor power. if you just want a little more than what you have now, then get a bigger carb (28-30) and a reed space, and a set of reeds, and see what it does for ya, but if you want to make your blaster as fast as it will possably be, call a race shop and get some help. Everything i told you is in my own oppinion, and everyone has there own, so ask around and see what everyone says. i hope this helps ya out, but do your homework b4 you spen alot of money on soemthing that isn't what you really want.

I started out with a blaster, and modded it quit a bit, but i wasn't happy. now i have my shee and i love the thing stock, so i can't imagine how i will love it when i mod it out. just take your time building up your bike

mini

Old 01-22-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster mods

suspension!

they have the same crappy stock shox the banshee has. all the motor in the world wont help if the whoops slow you down. sound slike you have a good start on a motor, now make the suspension keep up with it! [my next mod is susp]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: blaster mods