Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My 4SWII experience on Rappy w/ T-4 Slip-On

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 4SWII experience on Rappy w/ T-4 Slip-On

Well, I had an awesome time at 4SWII. I just wanted to tell everyone that is considering buying an exhaust how important jetting was. All I have is a Pro-Circuit T-4 and a K&N power kit with the snorkle trimmed.

I was able to pull on almost every raptor with a full exhausts including CT and Trinity exhausts by atleast 3 bike lengths. There was one black raptor with a DMC that I simply could not beat. He would beat me by about 3 bike lengths.

If anyone knows what this guy had, I would like to know if it was only the DMC exhaust or more.

There was one Rappy with a Trinity exhaust that beat me by 4+ lengths every time up Ols but later I asked and he said he had more than just an exhaust, so I didn't feel so bad.

Needless to say, jetting is very important and a full exhaust will leave you behind the pack without the proper jetting.

I had a great time, thanks for all the fun races up the hill! See ya next year!

Old 01-22-2003, 03:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad you had a good time, well have to hook up and head out again!

RoostKing...

Old 01-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

hey does the t-4 slip on come with the connector pipe to fit on your stock head pipe? thanks

Old 01-25-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

I was there with a Blue raptor with a DMC Alien and I was faster then the black bike with the DMC and no raptor with just a slip beat me. I had the blue skins graphic kit

Old 01-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Pat- They said you jumped the start every time, and a few said that they were looking at your graphics and stalled. lol

Old 01-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

SuzukiOzark,
The T-4 simply replaces the stock exhaust and fits right onto the stock headpipe.

14mins and PatsRaptor,
I almost have to agree with 14mins. There was one blue rappy with the DMC that did jump the unofficial gun quite a bit when comparing the starts of everyone racing some of those races. Whether or not it was you, I don't know.

However, I can say this, I did not get the opportunity to race everyone there and if you beat that black rappy with the DMC, you would have beat me. The black rappy with DMC did not really pull on me, he could simply beat me by the wholeshot and through the whoops. Maybe I need better paddles. I'm running Geckos.

The fact is that I was definitely not the fastest off the line and through the whoops. I was just trying to inform people that jetting is more important than what pipe you choose. I could pull on bikes with full exhausts that in my opinion were probably not jetted properly.

When I could beat people with full exhausts and pro-flows with no airbox lid and I have a slip-on and still running the lid, that tells me their machine is not running at its full potential or my set up was better for pulling that particular hill.

Old 01-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

ba01- I agree on there are a lot of poorly jetted raptors running around out there. I was kidding about Patsraptor. I enjoyed talking with him out there.

Time and time again i have said a slip-on will do just fine. Spend the headpipe money on a cam and blow the full systems away. I do not like the looks of the factory pipe so i plan to change to a MBRPpipe on the 2001

Old 01-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Everytime i raced i NEVER jumped the gun that was KING from what I heard YOU would have remembered my bike with the skins graphic kit and I totally agree about them stalling when checking out my graphics I guess thats why 14 mins HAD TO COPY MINE and get skins ALSO...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Patsraptor- Now all you have to do is get 67HP and we can be brothers.

I had my name sewed into my seat cover. I hope to put the graphics on Sunday or Monday. I had my t-shirt guy make me up a few extra designs. You coming to the trailer park this summer??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You are forgetting that black ones are faster than the blue ones.

Old 01-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Mark but I guess we can't be brother because i don't want that much power I will be happy with the low to mid 50s I'm shooting for.
I will try to make your drag we will ahve to see
Mark remember on the graphics I WAS THE FIRST... hahahahaha

Quick Reply: My 4SWII experience on Rappy w/ T-4 Slip-On