Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee vs 440ex

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee vs 440ex

I saw 2 kids racing over this weekend in Harmony NJ.the 1 guy had a 440 and the other guy w the SHEE was slightly behind hm all of a sudden he saw a puff of smoke an heard a bang as he went by the 440 he scratched his head an went back.We all went up there man the 440 EX was smoked I never saw an engine do that.cam gear broke in half front of motor looked like some 1 took a sledgehamer to it,cases were n a million peices, could see the crank an counterbalancer inside the gping hole.I felt so bad for the guy,we helped him load it up and asked him f he had a warranty.He said yeah he was gonna take it back to Honda who supposedly put the 440 kit in.

Old 01-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee vs 440ex

Mini , guess my other post got wiped out do to spelling, so I will make this short. Dont under estimate a 440ex if built right they fly. I have seen 1 beat piped,reeded,and headed shees race after race at Pismo.
He has about $4000 into the motor, but it screams. Good luck, but wait until you beat him to start talking smack.

Old 01-27-2003, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee vs 440ex

well like i said i fully beleive i could beat him, becuase i don't have much faith in the place he is getting it built at. other than that i think a 440 would be pretty fast. i am pumped and ready to race him, and i'll post the results. i think i'll probably have a pipe by then so my shee will be runnen good, i hope i can take him. if not then i guess i have to do some more modden[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

mini

Old 01-27-2003, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee vs 440ex

Hey sugarhead, what do u ride? I live in White Twp, new jersey right outside of harmony. Do u know where Mtn Lake is in Liberty? If your ever going riding down there again tell me cujo63000@yahoo.com thanks

Old 01-28-2003, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee vs 440ex

BOOSTBOTTLE IS FOR TOP END BRO!YOU WONT GET MUCH OUT OF IT BUT ITS FOR YOUR TOP END..I HAVE A SET OF CPI'S ON MY 99 BASHEE..CLICK ON THE LITTLE CAMERA UNDER MY INFO TO THE LEFT AND YOU CAN SEE MY BANSHEE...BUT I SAY NOT TO GET TOOMEY'S BECAUSE THEY WILL RUST EVEN THOUGH THEY WILL WALK ALL OVER FMF'S...I SAY GO W/DMC!OR TRINITY!OR LRD!THOSE ARE THE 3 BEST ALL AROUND PIPES YOU CAN BUY FOR A BANSHEE...BUT OTHER WISE I SAY GET CPI'S IF YOUR GOING TO BE DRAG RACING...AND THEN GO INTO THE MOTOR!BUT IF THE 440 WAS BUILT BY CURTIS SPARKS I FEEL FOR YOU CAUSE IT WILL WALK ALL OVER YOU AND LEAVE YOU IN DUST!BUT YES I SMOKE PIPED BANSHEES ON MY DS AND FOR ONE I HAVE RACED 1 440EX AND I BEAT HIM BY LESS THAN I DO BANSHEES!AND THIS WASNT A CURTIS SPARKS 440 KIT IN THE 440!BUT ALLS I HAVE TO SAY IS GOOD LUCK BRO AND GOOD LUCK ON PIPES DONT LISTEN TO THE DUDE RAGGIN ON THE TOOMEYS THEY ARE GREAT PIPES JUST IF YOU DONT TAKE CARE OF THEM THEY WILL RUST PRETTY EASILY!AND THE DUDE TALKING ABOUT HIS PRO CIRCUITS!I TOTALLY AGREE!PRO CIRCUIT IS WAY BETTER THAN FMF..FMF SUCKS FOR A BANSHEE!I HAVE FMF ON MY LT250 I THINK IT IS THE BEST PIPE FOR THE QUAD BUT OTHER THAN THAT FMF SUCKS!BUT THAT IS MY 0.02!

Old 01-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee vs 440ex

I ride in loptacong/harmony,the 1 kid knows some 1 who owns a farm an junk yard out there.grandson told us his grandpa dont care n the winter time but in the summer stay outta the fields.We rde around the permimeters cross roads connect to powerlines trails etc.Im going out there this weekend weather and time permitting.Ride out in brainnerd gravel pit thats how it sounds to me dont ask how to spell itLOL

Old 01-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee vs 440ex

OOOOOH LOL on bkes I ride a 2002 Kawasaki Mohave w big gun exhaust an kn and dyna jet kit, thats mainly the bike I go out w, 1 2000 blown up SHEE w t5s dura blue axle,pro design air filter kt,Still deciding which is best route to go with it right now.An a 2000 kdx220 w new pro circuit pipe an Moto tassarnari reeds but Its scary fast and handles scary compared tot he quads.Not saying I hate bikes Im just saying for me bike was 1st off roader I owned then Bought a quad and havent ridden bke much.SO when I ride I dont feel comfortble on it compared to my wheelers.

Old 01-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Range Rover
Default banshee vs 440ex

Alkyburninx,
I'll lay down what ever your'e willing to pay out. You meet me at Little, Sahara sometime so i can show you that your prized piece of sh*t pro circuit and toomey t-3 or t-5 pipes are not meant for dragging but rather the track. they all have bottom but they don't have any power to do anything but get you ahead for about a second and a half before you get passed in a drag. I'm sure any dragger can tell you bottom isn't Sh*t on top end power on a straight. iv'e had a set of t-5's and pro-circuits and they are 1 to 2 seconds slower at their best run than the sst's ,face it. i think your'e judging their power compared to fmf fatty's or gnarly's which are bottom end pipes also. i state facts in my writing and don't like when people get pissed and take it upon themselves to TRY to make me look dumb. Private Message DaBeechMan mini blaster and he can straighten this little thing out. he can better advise you on what to buy. AlkyBurninx obviously disagrees that top end is the way to go but DaBeechMan knows his stuff when it comes to dragging and will probably advise a top end pipe such as GRR or CPI for a drag.

Old 01-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Range Rover
Default banshee vs 440ex

the poor guy just asked your opinion. you guys need to stop with the berating and crap. it's just an older version of "my dad can beat up your dad." you guys take things so personal here..... geez, it's a discussion board.

Old 01-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee vs 440ex

thanks man
i did just want some opinions, i'm so confused on what pipe to get. i always wanted toomeys, and i think that that was my first choice and i'm gonna stick with it. thankyou all for your help, but i think this is one of those things that i need to make a decision on my own. i'll let everyone know what his bike is like, and if i win or lose. thanks again

mini

Quick Reply: banshee vs 440ex