Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

trinity racing cheetah setup??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trinity racing cheetah setup??

Has anyone here run these on their banshee??

They say that with their 400 cylinders you can bolt them onto your stock cases, It did not say if they reccommend any mods to the crank, but I would think truing and welding the crank would be necessary.

Any thoughts??

It also says that the 400 kit is capable of 80+ horsepower, and it is powervalved so you get some bottom end also.

Any thoughts, or opinions

Thanks
Bat

Old 01-27-2003, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Whoes has the cheetah 535?

Old 01-28-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, if someone has one speak up.

I am thinking the 420 kit, new crank, no case mods pretty much a bolt in and 90 someodd horsepower.

Anyone using this kit???

Harry, any info on this kit??

Bat

Old 01-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The cheetahs are really running well right now. The port layout straight out of the box makes these cylinders a very nice choice. They seem to run a little better on the top end while the t-rex setup is running harder out of the hole. Your right BOH, true and weld your crank. Send it to either Phil at Crankworks or Louie from Twister. If your drag racing its been yet to be proven on whether or not the power valve works. For example (this is all hypothetical) if your powervalve opens at 5k rpm, and you rev your motor up to 8k at the line and for the entire duration of the run your motor never drops under 5k, then your powervalve is useless. If your on the track id stay with the powervalves. But i dont see you hooking up 80-90 horses on a short bike (would be a hell of a ride though). There are a couple 535's out there right now Ohton racing is running one, trinity has one, A&S is running a 14mil version, so they are out there. And they do run really well.

Old 01-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Trailblazer

I have a friend that had trinity 420 and was not happy at all.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

dabeechman, thanks for the info.

This would be on an all around duner, not strictly a racer. As a matter of fact I dont race at all, except some freindly drag racing and that is really where the power comes into play.

Just a fun all around machine to shoot the hills and not finish last, but also be able to dune run with it.

Needs to be dependable also. One reason I am looking at their kits, is that it is pretty much a bolt in. I dont want to have to send my engine out to someone and hope it returns, I live in a small community and I am very capable mechanically.

Basically what I am looking for is something in the 70+ rwhp level, that I can assemble myself.

Thanks again for the input.

Bat

Old 01-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If your looking for 70 horses, on gas it is very possible with a stock cylinder. They are getting around 75 horses which is pretty damn good. You'd be very happy. Sending it to any of the big name builders will assure you that you'll get your motor back. If you'd like a few choices send me a PM, and ill write you a book on who i prefer and who id stay away from [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I dont know if id go with an 80-90 horse motor for shooting hills and bowls because you'd need a longer swingarm to hook up the power, which reduces your ability to turn and carve hills. Also cant jump.