Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

727 raptor vs 686 raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 727 raptor vs 686 raptor

The trinity 686 raptor seems really popular along with other 680cc big bore kits for the raptor. my question is .... does anyone have the 727 trinity big bore kit ? if so how does it do against other big bored quads?

just a curious new member

Old 02-01-2003, 03:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Wildchild-

Trinity's best 727 with oversize valves, pro-port, ceramic coatings, FCR's yda, yda, yda did 62HP on the Dyno at FSW's (airraptor)

trinity's 686's were dynoing (the ones that would) 52-54HP

Whskn- did 53-54 on a stock bore with a 11-1 piston and a stage 1 cam

Ben B - did 57 on a stock bore with a 12-1 and stage 2 cam

Do a search and find the dyno charts from FSW's

I can not tell you my 686 dyno numbers because some consider it bashing on here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

By the way Sparks Racing 686's killed all at FSW's

Do not think that building a 727 is the answer. I have seen a lot of 727 for different builders and they generally are not faster. A 686 will rev higher and faster. It is a lot of work to build a 727. I have only seen 1 fast 727 (mark roberstson, nebraska) and i know of one more fast one being built for a guy in Plano texas. ( he is building a wicked ***** to the wall, custom this, custom that)

Old 02-01-2003, 08:00 AM
Trailblazer

I am very impressed with 14mins quad! I know of one other 727 that should be done this week that was built by Mark Robertson( Nebraska) that will destroy all takers. Zombie's if you know where to check it out at then go to the site if not you'll find out soon enough.

Old 02-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Good Point Bartlett!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2003, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Anybody know how good the Powroll 770 is?

Old 02-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Airraptor- Where did i bash Trinity in this post?????? The dyno at FSW's. It gave everyone that participated a good idea of there quad vs. the others that were there. All the raptors were done the same and used the same tires under the same conditions. It can not be more fair than that. Trinity has yet to back up there HP claims to anyone that has there motor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If you would have dynoed 75hp and had the highest dynoing raptor you would be singing a different song now.

I was the first one top respond because i was still online and had some information that pertains to this question posted. What was wrong with that?????????

A bad DYNO reading with a 63hp motor will not result in a 44hp run. LOL You can look at a chart and see if the dyno run was bad. It will be spiked, ragged and not smooth and linear.

I could really care less who you use to build your motor. I told Bob yesterday to many were going to be running the exact same as me and he needed to find me moreHP. LOL They are building my motor exactly for all that want it at a fair price. Sparks is a good choice also, Mickey dunlop is well known in atv circles. You keep running behind me saying i am bashing when i have not. I stand to gain nothing by craycraft building exact copies of my motor. Better riders with my motor will mean more loses for me. The real question is DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO GET A GOOD MOTOR AT A FAIR PRICE THAT LIVES UP TO THERE EXPECTATIONS. IF SO TELL EVERYBODY THE THRUTH AND LET THEM BE THE JUDGE. They can pick from powroll, bike werks, CT, Sparks, LRD, Robertson etc. There are more Trinity motors out than others right now BECAUSE THAT WAS ALL THAT WAS POSTED ON HERE FOR A YEAR OR SO. WELL THEY DID NOT DELIVER. They build a fair product but they do not back up there claims. Why send someone there under false pretenses only to be dissapointed??? LOL. If it were my company i would have put my name on it. Bob is my neighbor and best friend. I have time to help him do things, try out things, and learn for him.

You should have never dynoed your quad at FSW's. You whine in every post about this or that and it cost you 4hp here and 2 hp there. Sorry i do not buy that are half the people reading it either. Max of about 2 hp. In all the dyno run i have been in the chain has not been worth 1 hp. (i usually run a non o-ring chain my self)
If you had a stronger motor and dynoed 70hp you would be stuting now.

I never lined up to race KING raptor. I should know i was on my quad. I really never ran anyone except MHargrove and a few lesser bikes. I rolled thru the whoops (150 feet) and had no chance to catch him up the hill. I think Hargrove is faster though. I doubt he would count that as a win. He would rather smoke me on a 300 or 660 when the quad did the talking not who can hammer thru the whoops the best.

POST YOUR DOCTORED DYNO CHART SHOWING 70 PLUS HP. lol oR IS THAT LIKE THE 75 YOU USED TO HAVE IN YOUR SIGNATURE OR THE 100HP????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????

IF YOU HAD THE HP, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO MAKE UP EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE.

You are grasping at straws here, i can back my claims up. You have yet to back up any claims or answer any of the questions i have posted to you. It is not a "Trinity bash" it is a airraptor vs 14 and you can not stand the fact that my lowly 686 with make short work of your full meal deal 727 that you invested many 1000's of dollars.

Batlett hit the nail on the head. That is why sparks is doing well also. Curtis does it himself. Jerry Craycraft is the only one who does the port/polish/head work for craycraft. I posted yesterday that he has been doing cyclinder heads as his sole source of income for 30years. I was wrong it was 38 years. If you look and see you will find that the automitve guys have the fastest quads. Why??? Because they can adapt what works on the race track over to the quads.

Iamchad2k5- Kenz cycle center build a quad that was at FSW's for a few hours. I do not know how it did but it was a 770. Maybe someone will chime in.

Old 02-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

So basically it sounds like the 727 raptor is not as big and bad as its all cracked up to be? Trinitys website says the 727 is supposed to put out 70hp? I think when i build my motor im going to go with the 686 trinity or 690 sparks. Which one do you hink is better? thanks for all your info - Jason

Old 02-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with 14mins, it is the NHRA and NASCAR engine builders that can relate to the 4-stroke quad and apply all of there knowledge to it.

I have been a NHRA dragracer for about 12 years, I did all the work to my own raptor, and I am very happy with the results. If I had access to a dyno I would post my horsepower gains. I do not see the point though to do that. When I raced 14mins about a month ago on his 01 he beat me pretty good. So at that point I realized I do not know everything and never claimed that I did. That is why I am going with CrayCraft the next time I tear mine down because I can relate with Bob and Jerry CrayCraft, they are serious engine builders and we share ideas. The whole ATPR Team are very good people, they welcome me like a family member.

I have used Trinity once on my Banshee and not happy with the results, thats all I am going to say on the subject.

Old 02-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

wldchild- my recomdation- who ever does your work have them remove the least amout of material out of the combustion chamber. Sparks has a long wait. (i am not bashing them airraptor) but they produce a excellent motor.

Old 02-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Mhargrove- I never saw Robs quad run so i believe you on that one. Trinity does charge more for parts than craycraft does. Craycraft- piston 150, cam 130, springs 160. trinity- piston 289.00 (the same JE piston) springs 220 (same kibble whites) and on and on. Harry is way over the list on most parts.

Bottom line all i am saying is EVERYONE needs to do there homework and get what they pay for. I did not get what i was lead to believe for the 1350 plus shipping.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

The forums are here to try to get the facts out and not sway people one way or the other. But that is sometimes hard to do. Quad riders are passionate on the hobbie and want to get there moneys worth. If you pay for a trinity 63HP kit plus the 2mm larger valve +3HP you should feel confident lining up against a piped and jetted raptor. When you quickly realise that you are only 6HP more than the piped/jetted you get mad. WTF. I used Trinity in this example for 2 reasons. 1. They advertise the HP numbers on there site and 2. I bought one and talked to Harry when i only dynoed 44HP. His reply was tires, chains,breaks, etc. Well you know what, All the people i was racing that day FACED THE EXACT SAME ISSUES AS I DID. I think there work varies greatly depending on who in the shop does your actual work. I wish for airraptors sake that i had another company to use as a example but i have not bought a sparks, FST, or powroll package. I was lead to believe from Trinity supporters and trinity that my 686 would kill my buddies here in Texas at the time that i ordered it. Only to get murdered by Dollarbillz and raptorboy673 who did his own work in his garage. I would rather see thurthful information and real life experiences instead you wishful thinking and brand loyaty. If i could help you not make a mistake and save money would you not like that?? As far as Craycraft goes there will be a day when somebody is not happy. It will be easy to point the finger if it is in the headwork. Only Jerry craycraft does the work. Alot of times these companies are in a damed if they do and damed if they don't situation. Not just trinity but Sparks(funny fuel, lightweight, kids) FST, POWROLL etc. You get the drift.

Quick Reply: 727 raptor vs 686 raptor