Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Installing Graphics??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Graphics??

Any secrets to making it work better or easier?? The weather is finally a bit warmer and i am ready to finish it. I had the seat cover put on last week. Any tricks to removing the original stickers?? What should i use to clean the residue off with. Thanks, i want it to look good the first time.

Old 02-02-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Mark there is stuff you get at a hobby store called sticker on and sticker off they work real well and make setting the decals way easyer

Old 02-02-2003, 12:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks, now all i need is a rock

Old 02-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

I put my patriot kit on over a year ago and have always pressure washed it since. Those stickers aren't budgeing. All i did was peel my old ones off, came off in one big piece and didn't leave anything behind. Got me a wet towel and rubbed the heck outta the plastic, buffed it dry and stuck the new on. Turned out great in my opinion. The seat cover is a different story, take it to SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Old 02-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

I put my graphics on in the comfort of my living room. That is much better than crouching over the quad all day. Plus I could watch TV too. Make sure you have a heat gun or a hairdryer. It makes the job alot easier, especially around curves and edges. I used windex, but the stickeron will probably work better. I used a rubber spatula to sqeegee out all the excess moisture. Just take your time. Good luck!

RR1

Old 02-02-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

yall are making this to complicated, just stick it to it

Old 02-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

I just ripped my old ones off, cleaned the plastic good and sprayed contact cleaner on it (per the one industries instructions) and then carefully put the new stickers on. The only problem with installing them that way is once they are stuck on there is no moving them, so you have to get it right the first time. As far as the seat cover, it went alot better then I thought it would, I used an arrow t-50 and it worked great.

Old 02-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Never really installed a graffics kit on a quad but I have rebuilt a good share of smashed snowmobiles.The hoods we get from Arctic Cat can come with or without decals but Yamahas don't come with decals.
I would clean the surface well,even though you just took off the old decal that had nothing under it,by pulling the decal off you have just created a whole bunch of static electricity.Anything floating in the air is going to be attracted like a magnet.So thouroughly clean the surface.
I then spray the surface with Plexo (a castle brand of plactic glass cleaner) I also spray the sticky side of the decal.Then apply it and you can float it around until it lines up.Even if its 100% adheared you can remove it if the glass cleaner hasn't dried yet.You can also lift it up and spray it some more if its taking a while and starts to dry.I then use a rag+sqeegee to work the glass cleaner out from behind it.When I come to a bubble or sharp edge I get out the heat gun(hair dryershould work)the heat makes the decal conform to anything.
Work out the cleaner let it dry overnight and you should have great results.

Old 02-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sticker on and a heat gun. The heat gun also works real good to get the old ones off warm them up a little and they come right off glue and all.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

so when i get ready to apply the new decals i can sparay the area down with windex and stick it on??????????? Thanks

Quick Reply: Installing Graphics??