Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I want to buy an 03 Raptor, but-----

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to buy an 03 Raptor, but-----

14mins, what about the piped Raptors bein outrun by the piped Predator? Just because it happened once in a little trailer park in Texas............................................. ......

Old 02-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Zilla- I really do not have a clue. Like i said i have been around a few and we do have 1 stock raptor left. LOL I think the polaris is good but you might as well go to the top. Let the predator establish itself, build a aftermarket that lets check it out. Right now there is a ton of stuff for the raptor out there. Even Dirt wheels said the stock rappy was faster than the stock predator. Open the rappy up and it goes. Open the predator up????????

Old 02-03-2003, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

I will agree that the aftermarket is booming for the Raptor, as it has had a couple of years to grow. The Predator on the other hand is brand new and already giving the Raptor a run for it's money. I simply replied to this guy giving him some info that might let him get his best bang for the buck. You and I both know that the credibility of the popular publications has been criticized lately and personally I don't believe ALL I read in the "Wish Books". When can we come the Trailer Park and race? Are 2-strokes allowed?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2003, 01:47 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: 14mins
duner2003- Do not waver. If you buy a predator you will be sorry. I am only going to tell you that once. If you are a little worried about Yamaha and there reliablity man i would run from polaris's. lol I have seen/riden/raced a predator (3 actually) and the results are always the same. Stock rappy will out run a piped predator.
A stockie like mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duner2003
Thanks for the reply's, since I haven't heard anything to change my mind, it appears my toughest decision will be which color to get, BLUE or LE BLACk with RED FLAMES.
Get the LE!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You won't regret it!!!!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

From what I observed at FSW II the mighty Predator's fell victum to a few Cannondales & a 416EX!!!!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Raptor you will not be sorry. You can leave stock and still kick butt!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

At FSWs I raced a pipe and moded end cap predator and I have just a pipes raptor and they kept up with me through the whoops but after that I walked away from them pretty easy , On a flat drag there would have been no contest my raptor would have been farther a head
Get a raptor..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have absolutely nothing against Raptors. They are fine machines. But give some consideration to the mighty DS. Especially if you're a big guy. It's got tons of power and torque, its motor is bulletproof, it's absolutely the most comfortably riding sport quad made, and there are lots of mods available for it. It's also competitvely priced and built strong. Just do a side-by-side comparison with a Raptor and note the beefiness of every component on the DS. It is truly a great machine![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hey duner2003 buy a Predator, a Z, or a DS... anything but a Raptor...

Thay way it will be MUCH easier for me to pass your A$$ up if we would ever race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I want to buy an 03 Raptor, but-----