Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

k and n with no box........

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k and n with no box........

who has done this and how did u do it if u will tell me. I am interested in doing it. I know foam is better but i dont ride in sand much and i want to start going to the local street drag track an dthink the k and n's will help a little.
Thanks Rudy

Old 02-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

i'll explain the best i can at how i done mine.i dont know the k&n part number for the air filters but you need them to have a 2 and a half inch opening.i got mine from uni filter(foam).go to lowes or home depot and get 2 2 inch to 2 inch septic tank connectors,approximately 4 inches long.(black made out of rubber).these tubes fit over your carbs.cut two little holes in these tubes for your air hoses that come out of the top of your carbs to fit in,you need these air hoses for your carbs to work right. clamp your two new hoses to the carbs,cut your air hoses to fit into your new tubes and put them in,slip on your airfilters and clamp them down.eliminates the whole airbox and shortens your velocity tubes to 4 inches. hope this helps.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I believe you want to keep your velocity tubes longer to increase the velocity of the air/fuel charge.