Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Random Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Thoughts

Just started posting to this board, after reading for a few months, and have noticed some interesting themes. Good thing Yamaha hasn't put aftermarket pipes on stock Raps, because we are keeping the aftermarket companies in business! Every Dealer and pipe company should teach people how to adjust their own jetting! "What jetting do I need for a ....?" How about contacting the people that made the pipe, and ask them! At least you should be in the ball park.
A shop manual should be the first thing purchased before goin "modified"...It's the best money you'll ever spend on your toys.
Thank God for undersprung suspension, narrow a arms, and stock balloon tires. Has anyone kept their Rap stock? (besides me) I'm racing mine in some amatuer MX, and I'm doin alright without forkin out the big bucks...yet. Learn to ride properly, instead of letting the quad over compensate with killer suspension.
OK, this wasn't intended to be a slam against anyone. This has been the best source of info I have found for Raps anywhere on the web. Everyone here seem more than willing to help out with questions, without flaming the person asking. I salute you all. Great Board! Look forward to adding my .02 whereever I see an opening. When in doubt....GAS IT! Haz (Mike)

Old 02-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Random Thoughts

Welcome Hazmaster!!

Your comments seem very accurate.
My rap is still stock.
I figure if I get good on the stocker, any upgrade (even mild) will be more appreciated.

Mark

Old 02-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Random Thoughts

Congrats on joining! I couldn't stand my Raptor being stock, I think I rode it once before piping it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now I'm getting a Craycraft engine, I can't wait!! AHH!!

Old 02-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Random Thoughts

Hazmaster - I guess some folks are OK with "doing all right". Others are not. Welcome to the forum.

New A-arms and shocks not yet installed - hurry up little brown truck!!

Old 02-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Random Thoughts

Hey Haz...My Rappy is far from stock...but then again..I needed reinforcment to haul my big @ss around the track. See you Sunday @ Adelanto. Good Luck!!!!(Do you work Fire Haz-Mat Team in Hesperia??)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2003, 02:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default Random Thoughts

County Fire in Fontana. I'll be lookin for ya on Sunday. Mike