Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Chevy or Ford??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy or Ford??????

What kind of stupid question is this LOL. Ford all the way man. There is nothing(stock) that even comes close to the 6.0 Stroker. 10 db quieter in the cab, over the Duramax it has 25 mor HP and 40 more Ft pounds of torque, over the Cummins HO it has 20 more HP and 5 lbs torque and the HO is only available in a 6 speed manual. As for the truck that surrounds the Motor...well everyone knows if you want the biggest baddest rig out there you sure the hell DONT buy GM or Dodge. Maybe if Gm could figure out how to wire a vehicle it would compare differenly, Gm's wiring is the most unreliable out there.

Holeshot...You ran a Lightening yet???

As for cars...well dont even think about showing up against a Cobra unless you own the 15K(atleast) more expensive Vette. Even then you have your work cut out for ya.

Old 02-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Got to be................................................ .................... 01' CHEVY HD!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I'm surprised no one started a topic of "Less Filling or Taste Great"!!!! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I knew this topic would take off like wild fire!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

aa demon why show up with a vette when a camaro ss can take the job. ford put that supercharger on the cobra cuz it couln'dt beat the SS. now if chevy put a supercharger on a camaro, well then you cobra just turned into a worm

Old 02-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

No I am runing with a six inch lift with 35 mtrs, would not be fare but i would give it one hell of a shot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

i'll stick with my TOYOTA. as a matter of fact i pulled a chevy and a ford out of a snow drift, that my good ol toyota walked right through

mini

Old 02-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

F.O.R.D. F***in' Old Rebuilt Dodge [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Chevy FOREVER!! DUH!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

Ford!
1966 Ford AC Cobra w/427 the only car in the history of automobiles to go from 0 to 100 MPH and back to 0 In 10 seconds flat !
That Record still stands TODAY!
For all you Hemi guys did you know Ford made a 427 single overhead cam Hemi producing over 630 HP with a single 4 barrel carb !
(Dodges Best hemi was rated at 430 Hp with 2 four barrel carbs.)
The "427 Cammer" engine as it was called , Was the first "stock" engine to go over 200 MPH in a quarter mile, 500 were produced and fitted into Galaxie 500's which Ford later called "Thunderbolts".
The reason Ford only made 500 was to Qualify them for Nascar racing.They needed 500 production units on the street.
When Dodge found out Ford had intended to race thier new engine in Nascar they quickly lobbied for all Overhead cam Engines to be illegal or have a substantial weight penalty.
Dodge won of course and Ford left Nascar for a few years , This is also why when someone says "Hemi" they think of Dodge's mass produced pile of dog execriment.
So when asked if I like Ford or Chevy I gave you my reason,
ANY IDIOT CAN BUILD A FAST CHEVY BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO BUILD A FAST FORD.

Old 02-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

OLDSMOBILE for hotrod...........................Chevy for trucks...

Old 02-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadwarrior02
aa demon why show up with a vette when a camaro ss can take the job. ford put that supercharger on the cobra cuz it couln'dt beat the SS. now if chevy put a supercharger on a camaro, well then you cobra just turned into a worm
Yep we have a winner for the highest IQ award!! Nahh J/K. But I was refering to what IS being built at THIS moment IE the (stock) thingy when I was talking about the deisels. When you start talking mods then the skies the limit. Put a supercharger on the Cobra type R and then see that SS eat dust yet again but like i said i am not going there. The Type R isnt being made right now is it!! I think it is so funny when people talk up the Camero......if it was so hot then where is it now??? IN THE PAST!!! Baaahahahahahahaha

Thats cool Holeshot. I drove a Lifted Chev with a whipple running 35's and it was impressive.

Quick Reply: Chevy or Ford??????