Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Which type of duner are you ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which type of duner are you ????

I like dragging but if I find a good jump< ill be hittin' that thing all day long.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Batoutahell
That was fun to read, I cant decide what type I am. I dont lead awhole lot, because I get worried about reading the dunes. I would say I am an older wiser duner. Dont kill myself getting around, but not afraid to hit it at a decent pace.

Bat
Yep, same here. I lake to open it up and haul IF I know it's safe. I have had more than my share of broken bones and injuries in my lifetime that I don't want anymore. I'll lead if I have to but prefer to follow a faster/better duner. I can keep up with all but the real fast duners. I rarely crash (Glamis was definately the exception) and to me riding safe and not trashing me or my Banshee is more important than being the fastest or coolest duner. My Banshee is always ready to roll, well maintained and never breaks down. I bring everything I need when I go duning and never need to rely on somebody else for food/money/parts/etc.

I'm the well prepared, better-safe-than-sorry duner. Oh, I never roost people riding behind me - if somebody is behind me i don't nail the throttle at every dune lip I come to. That's WAY uncool.

Old 02-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

AA for sure, I love to lead newbies and lull them in and then roost them beyond recognition at the top of a razor, although I usually get it back it more than worth it to be the first one to make them taste Glamis while everyone laughs and waves thier arms in aproval.

BRAAAAAP

Old 02-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WyoDuner

Oh, I never roost people riding behind me - if somebody is behind me i don't nail the throttle at every dune lip I come to. That's WAY uncool.

Majorecho should read that one. LOL.......rememeber when he got me good, I still owe him one, will have to give him some banshee roost to chew on. .........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bat

Old 02-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

He forgot another type, I build it, ride it once, then say its broken so I can work on it somemore. Sometimes its really broken, some times it isint. But working on it, and, seeing things come together are as much fun as actually ridding it. Although he has a good amount of ridding skill, he will never jump his quad because he put it together, and would rather work on the engine than the suspenion or rear axle, besides he just blew all his money on his motor and cant afford a new axle. Also, this type hates buying overpriced parts and will put in a part from another machine or whatever he can find on ebay. Therefore he has a small pile of parts that will not fit his machine, but will one day find some use.

BTW, this rider has to keep a large number of toys because since they are always being worked on, he has to have something to ride.

Old 02-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

i am ....wanna run them, if not get the F outta the way duner!

Old 02-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Range Rover

Sort of like the ENERGIZER BUNNY, we keep going and going. We like the long rides where we can get into those hipnotic ryth-ems on the virgin sand. Way cool!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Haul @ss until I hit a soft bank, call it a weekend, and go home 2 hrs. after arriving...LOL

Old 02-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Never done the dunes, can't wait till I get there!!!

Old 02-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wyo, havent you yet learned that youshould not follow to closely? the dunes are there to play! Heck I rememeber that day in Walden when you got torked that i roosted you. My response. Dont sit 5 feet behind the starting line and you wont get roosted!

Roostking.

Quick Reply: Which type of duner are you ????