Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Questions??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2000, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My best friend has a 99 PIGLARIS Sport and is about to give up on it. We race GNCC events and in the last four events something has broke every race without even wrecking. The first race a chaing, second he said he hardly touched a tree and the casting where the tie rod comes in broke, He was riding along and the swing arm broke in half he thought he chanin had just came off until he got off the four wheeler and realized the swing arm broke. This past weekend after the first lap his clutch broke. He is now looking at getting a Wolverine and modifying it as much as possible. He just wants to know how the all time four wheel drive is and how sporty the machine feels and what kind of mods can be done.

Old 04-18-2000, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all Kudos to your friend! I think he will love the Wolverine! I think its a REAL sporty ride for a 4X4. With mods the ride only gets better! He may miss his "precious" automatic but you will find that with gears he will be able to control his power better. From what i've experienced they jump well. For a lacking experience rider like myself I think they are pretty forgiving in that department. I went to a Utility race (having no experience on a track) it was a MOTO cross type track and I came out with 3rd place. I was VERY impressed. The only quads I was beat by was a Wolverine who took 1st. And a 2WD Lakota who cut me off and took 2nd. But yeah I'd say go for that Wolverine! For a Utility bike they are pretty light which constitutes for that sporty feel! LOVE MINE!

'99 Wolverine SuperTrapp pipe, Custom Jetting, UNI filter, UFO handguards, Skid Plate

'00 Warrior Skid Plate + Bumper