Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Holy Raptors !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Raptors !!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys really suck in a joking kinda way ,

Over the weekend we went riding in an area where there is a lot of flat smooth riding , I was on my KFX and my bro-inlaw was on a
Raptor that was piped , chipped , and filter kit. We where playing around on this flat and I was about 30 yards behind him , he was in 3rd
so I decided to open my KFX up and blow by him , well I did and I had about a 40 yrd lead on him , sure enough he come right up on me
pulled next to me ( mind you I am topped out in 5th with the rev limiter screaming at me) and screamed "are you going to start going or what" I did not understand till he waved bye and gassed it and walked away from me like I was standing still. All tho he was kind enough
to let me catch up , so he could roost me while entering a nice big muddy puddle.

Anyway the whole purpose for this topic is , if anyone ever whines that there Z is faster , guide them over my way and I will set them straight.

But I now don't understand why all the reviews rates the KFX/Z over the Raptor , I have never riden a Raptor so I don't have a clue [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey dont worry. There are kits out there for the Z's and KFX's to make them fast. Where I ride, There is a guy on a Z with a 450 kit and he torches alot of the competetion.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

I am sure I could spend a bu++ load of money to smoke a Raptor , I am just dissapointed in all those reviews and <o<ky Z guys
who say the Z's kill the Raptor all around , I believe its more rider then anything now , cause with all that power , if you can handle it in woods , MX , ect.. then there should be nothin catchin you.

Plus I wanted to start a topic thats not about bashing or broken stuff (can you tell Im boared )plus its not like I could start this topic
in the suzuki forum

Old 03-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

im gettin a raptor but i just rode a friends piped jetted and filtered z and it was really powerful. Dont think it couod beat a raptor, but it would come close

Old 03-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Fst4WrD, Don't worry about posting in the zuki forum. Raptor drivers are always willing to help a guy out, so somebody will proably cut and paste it for you. You don't have to thank us, It's our pleasure to help a fellow Raptor guy even if you're a closet Raptor guy.
Don't be afraid, you can come out.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I do like the power , at least the power that I watched walk past me lol

but I will stick to my KFX till I get ALOT more experienced , I am getting a little <o<ky on my KFX but it will throw me real good one of these days (knock on wood)

Old 03-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

hey i want a chip for my raptor

Old 03-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

I will find out where he bought it , I do know he paid about 175

Old 03-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I think most the reviews that place the Z above the raptor is mainly looking at the all around abilities. The raptor Suspension sucks. Its way too top heavy. Your either rolling it, or your front tires never touch the ground. This can be fixed though. Just get a wider rear axel, and some wide A-arms, and some decent shocks. Then raptors kill. I rode a stock Z. I was dissapointed. It was pretty gutless compared to a stock raptor. But with upgrades they arent bad. The rev limiter is rediculous though. Especially in reverse. I disabled mine on the Riznaptor.

Old 03-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Call Dyna Ignitions

Quick Reply: Holy Raptors !!!!!!!!!!!!