Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

question on my wolverine brakes please read

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on my wolverine brakes please read

first off i bought the fourwheeler in the end of october well tonight i pull the front wheels since i got my front tires today and my front brakes are almost metal to metal the outside pad mainly but inner has wear my question is i mainly ride on the weekends is there any reason my pads should be wore out this bad also would it be under warrenty i mean i have rode sand pits some mud but not a whole lot any info would greatly appreciated thanks

Old 03-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

You say that one pad is worm more than the other?
Have you taken a good look at the caliper mounting for crud? If the wolverine has a floating caliper design it could be that the caliber is stuck on it's pins. I've only had mine for a few weeks so I'm not sure if they are floating or not.
How do the rotor look? any grooves? are they supershiny like there glazed?

Also considering your riding enviroment are you prone to using the front brakes more than the rear?
How much would you say you use the brakes. I know that alot of the time I bearly use the brakes unless I'm riding on the more aggressive side.

I'm not sure if brakes are part of the warranty because they are a wear item. you should take a look at the warranty paper work.

Old 03-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

A lot of it has to do with your riding style. I have had mine for 4 years and am only on my 2nd set of breaks and the guy that does all the work to mine is surprised I made it this long. I use the engine for more of the braking. Also your conditions have a lot to do with it. The back brake is prone to getting caked with mud and that will speed up wear.