Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

fastest between the 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastest between the 3

ok wich quad is fastest stock? banshee, raptor, or c dale, then which one is faster with a pipe , K&N and prolly a drop in cam and a higher comp piston? i just want to know which one is fastest stock and which one gains the most with listed mods, i plan on buying one of the listed soon i just wanted to know thanks

Old 03-31-2003, 10:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

banshee and raptor are very very close stock. Usually the rider makes the difference, but there are lots of people who will blow smoke up your but and tell you that a raptor will waste a stock shee or the shee will waste the raptor.

The cdale model is important. If you are talking about a speed, glamis, blaze or moto, then the cdale will probably come out on top. The cannibal, is close to the rap and shee, but from my experience, the cdale is a little quicker. The old fx400 was a little slower than the raptor and shee.

The shee will always take mods better than any 4 stroke, any 2 stroker will. Pipes often do not offer enough hp gain to overcome poor riding ability. With the addition of engine work, the banshee will eventually leave them all in the dust. The cdale doesnt have many companies that have produced many aftermarket parts, as they are a new company. There are parts, but not experienced engine builders. The raptor has many engine options open to it. Craycraft, Trinity, Sparks, and more. Many of these companies do shees as well.

The banshee will offer the most speed when modded, but it will not be the best overall bike. The cannondale has excellent frame and suspension performance. It is easily the best handling of the three. The raptor and shee require many suspension mods to even get close, but the raptor is quite a bit better handling than the shee.

You need to analyze your riding habits, and figure out what you want to do. If you stay in the desert, which i am not sure about considering you hail from NC, then go with the shee. But the cdale and raptor are inherently better trail machines. Not that the shee is bad, just not as good.

Cannondale is a questionable purchase, considering they are bankrupt and out of business. Parts and knowledgeable mechanics will be hard to find in the future for this bike, and with the cdale's sketchy reliability this could be a problem. Prices are way down now though.

The raptor is a good bike, plenty of power, but not the best handling on short mx tracks. Just needs a little suspension changing.

Another possiblility is the predator, or even the ds 650. The ds is the best 4 stroke for the desert, and the predator supposedly combines big bore speed with 400cc level handling. Do your self a favor and ride as many as you can before you buy.

Old 03-31-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Since C-dale has gone belly up I dont think that should really be considered, with no factory parts will become scarce. Between the Rap and Shee stock they are pretty even. Modified, you can always make a Shee faster than a Raptor. The Raptor will however be easier to ride and more versatile. If you're in the woods, Raptor. Dunes....SHEE. I run with mildly modified Banshee's and dont have any problems keeping up, of course there's one guy with a "piped" (yeah sure that's all) shee that flat kills my piped raptor. Of course now a few "minor" mods later I need to see if I've leveled that a bit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
[i]Originally posted by: [b]Mr45auto[/br. Of course now a few "minor" mods later

Minor mods yea right.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]