ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   New Yamaha 660CC High performance quad SPECS! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/9471-new-yamaha-660cc-high-performance-quad-specs.html)

86atc250r 04-24-2000 10:37 PM

Well, based on that it really looks like the 660cc engine is the one, I have compiled some info and put together a quick webpage.

I now have HP specs
Max RPM & Peak HP RPM
Tranny config
New pictures
compression ratio
bore and stroke data
etc....

I even have a sound file!!

It took a while to find all this info, hope you enjoy & let me know what you think!

Look here!

b(250rman) 04-25-2000 03:01 AM

I love it!!!! it looks like banshee front wheels 400ex exhaust that big chrome tip and about 12 inches of suspension travel I hope they really come out with it though if so my 250r will be gone

FoxRunner 04-25-2000 10:05 AM

With much sorrow I must say that my '00 Warrior is prolly gonna be the trade in on this new beast. I love my Warrior but that new machine looks so fast I dont think I can resist! The only info I need on this quad now is the Retail price? =-) Cant wait for this things release! Do the dealers have any info on this thing yet? Thanks again for the page!

mongoose 04-25-2000 11:18 AM

a quad with a streetbike engine, gee, i wonder who thought of that?

86atc250r 04-25-2000 11:46 AM

Prolly Yamaha when they built the Banshee if you are going to try to be a smart a$$

trx430ex 04-25-2000 12:51 PM

Nice job Gabe! BFS

meos 04-25-2000 05:44 PM

dont hold your breath,, by the way, wanna buy some land in florida? i swear its above water too........

rhino99 04-25-2000 06:51 PM

First, where the heck did you get the specs?
Next, does it look like a 660 or is it a 660? Theres quite a difference.

Also, I would suspect retail to be about 7grand like everything else coming out/already out.

86atc250r 04-26-2000 02:29 AM

The spex came from all over the net. There's just not a whole lot of info on this engine, mainly due to the fact that it isn't offered in a U.S. model bike. Yamaha makes it for another motorcycle manufacturer and a foreign model of their own.

I can't say for certain that the 660 is going to be the engine in this quad, but look at all the clues. It certainly isn't a 2 stroke. Competitetion from Bombardier in the market they once dominated, the extremely large dump out the exhaust, the pending Banshee replacement, the liquid cooling, the lack of a solid, strong running big cc'd, liquid cooled 4 stroke (with the exception of the YZ426). There isn't a whole lot of choices out there short of producing a brand new engine (which the manufacturers generally don't do much of for ATV's).

I spent a lot of my own personal time researching this engine and putting up a webpage on a bike that personally, I'm not even interested in buying. I gain nothing from this, I'm certainly not on Yamaha's payroll (look at the sig), I don't have any banner ads, am not trying to sell anything. I just like high performance machines & am excited about all the new offerings due in dealers soon. Please excuse my enthusiasm...

norm440EX 04-26-2000 04:40 AM

Glad to see the possibility of a new machine, but 35 HP from a 660cc engine doesn't sound that promising, hopefully it will pump out 45-55 HP and weigh 50-60lbs less than the Bomb. I still probably wouldn't trade my 440EX for it, especially if it is $6500+. Looks pretty sweet though! Thanks Gabe.