Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Reverse in yamaha's new quad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse in yamaha's new quad?

Do you guys think that Yamaha will have a reverse gear in the new 450cc quad coming soon? This may be the determing factor on my purchase of the quad, as I love having reverse.

Old 04-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

wouldn't see why not.

Old 04-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

eh, i hope they do but if its an mx quad they might not.

Old 04-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Not to burst everyone's bubble, but let's take a step back and not catch "Honda-itus" with all the rumor mongering and speculation. It will be nice if Yammy comes out with another sport quad, but this rumor is now a few years old (used to be a YZ426-powered machine coming out).

just my $.05 (inflation and such...)

Old 04-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

lol, haha, alaska, i like your inflation bit...thats originality for ya

Old 05-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

Reverse is for people who cant ride STRIAGHT!! I hope both the yamaha or the honda dont have it.

Old 05-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Oh here we go again. Where's the bigger market? The so called purists who want kick start and no frills or the average guy that wants the reverse and elec start. Money dictates how the quad will be equipped. I personally would buy it with elec start and reverse and would NOT buy it if did not have them. On tight trail riding reverse is a huge plus regardless of what fire road riding guys will say as they obviously dont ride the same trails I do. In muck that you shouldnt have ridden into the reverse helps you out of it. After all the other new machines that DO have reverse and electric start I think it's safe to say the newest Yammy's will have it too. It's simple economics, they'll sell better.

Old 05-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

These two new SPORT quads arent for your average trail rider!! They are suppose to be set-up for pretty much racing. I would love for it to have kick start, it looks cooler and more reliable. My battery dies on my EX then i get out the pushin team to get me goin and when you start and stop lots it kinda SUCKS. In a mud hole reverse aint gonna do you much good cause when i got through I aint goin forward or backwards!!!!!!!!!!! If you want reverse and electric start go by a Raptor or Z400 etc... Thats why they have them!! This is just what I think!!! Hope these new quads are fast and ready to race.

Old 05-02-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

They Will almost for sure include reverse on the new quad, I mean who hasnt been in a place were reverse isnt very very nice and needed...............

Old 05-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Range Rover

Lancer have you ever kicked over a big bore 4 stroke??????????????? There is a method of doing it so the motor fires up quick. I really don't care either way but I think they will go with at least with the button and maybe a kick back up. Now that would be nice then you can get rid of the battery if you choose. Just my 1.85 ( for taxes and the war fund ) As for Reverse I don'y use it on may raptor and my wife doesn't miss it on her 400ex so I really don't think that reverse is a good choice if you think ahead you shouldn't need reverse in any place, dunes, fire roads or trails. just my 2.75 on that topic ( more taxes )

Quick Reply: Reverse in yamaha's new quad?