Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee or Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee or Raptor

o...you asked which was faster!!! duh My stock Z is dead even with my buds piped shee. Im sure a stock raptor would take my Z.

Old 04-20-2003, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was thinking about getting a Z...I heard its a great quad. Right now I have an Rancher and i really really need something thats fast haha. From what I hear the Banshee has good power. I would get a Raptor but im not sure if I'll have enough money. The dealer I went to said I could get a 2002 leftover Banshee for $5,300. I would like a DS600 b/c im big and i need a big quad...but thats a lot of money too. I just need help picking the best quad for me. Thanks guys.

Old 04-20-2003, 02:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

How much would the pipes and shocks cost around??

Old 04-20-2003, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Okay first of lets get something strait there is no way that a Z can beat a shee.. First of all the banshee is a 2 stroke and has more power than the Z. now as for the raptor or i say craptor (srry for those w/ one) but shee is alot faster but the craptor is good for trails.. I drag race my shee and its a monster.. if you could handle it go for a shee.. they are not any more hard to maintain than a craptor.. so its your choice.

Old 04-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Okay first of lets get something strait there is no way that a Z can beat a shee.. First of all the banshee is a 2 stroke and has more power than the Z. now as for the raptor or i say craptor (srry for those w/ one) but shee is alot faster but the craptor is good for trails.. I drag race my shee and its a monster.. if you could handle it go for a shee.. they are not any more hard to maintain than a craptor.. so its your choice.
dude...your a crack up! I never said i beat my pals shee...i said we were dead even. Second...a STOCK Z will dust a STOCK shee easily. Third...im *guessin* you shee is highly modified! two cyls make em twice as much to modify and maintain (do the math!)

The best all around pipes for shee is the tommy kit...prices vary...so check around. We jus had TCS do the shocks on my friends shee...325 for a rear rebuild...and 6sumpthin for new fronts. It rides really nice like this!!! But the cost will be about a grand more than the bike will cost ya...not including the pipe kit! (6-7hundred for a pipe kit? i dont remember)

One more thing consider...the shee goes thru gas BIG time!!! I'll ride my Z from the desert...up into the moutians (7k ft level) and back...and still have gas in the tank. The shee wouldnt make it to the foothills before bein on empty. (things to consider eh?) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Yea my shee is very modified but my friends 03 stock shee can kill a z easy on the sand, i dont know where yall are racing but thats just what i think. Yea a shee burns more gas and cost but its more powerful. My shee only cost me $2800 w/ all thats done to it... The only thing so far ive had to due is change spark plug ($2 a piece) and some pipe springs, free... Not to hard to maintain....

Old 04-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

ya nothing against the z but a stock z400 isn't beating a piped shee your looking at like 50hp vrs 30hp or so. hey even though stuff is more expensive it will usually give you more results being a 2 stroke. shee's aren't really hard to maintain you just got to take care of them. really it just comes down to 2stroke or 4stroke preferance.

Old 04-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: OutOfControl
Save yourself the disapointment (sp). And do it right the 1st time, BUY A BANSHEE!!!!!!!
Like he says...do it right the first time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey...how do u like that toomy on your blaster? i have an FMF on mine. What did u have before the toomy? Did it make a huge difference? I noticed the difference when i put on the FMF...but it wasnt like the difference between a stock and toomy piped shee. Know what im sayin? Thanks for the info [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

FYI...we were racing head to head in a sand wash in the desert. went for in while we were both on a roll (2nd gear maybe?) not from a standstill. i was suprised myself! i thought he woulda walked away from me!! Im speakin from personal experience..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Creepingdeath you werent at sand lake earlier this week were ya? Kinda sounds like the shee that ate my 686 for lunch.... hmm ??

Quick Reply: Banshee or Raptor