Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Banshee Rips

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Rocks!!

Well i went riding yesterday to our usuall dune spot and borrowed a piped z400 with +2+1 aarms and elka shocks. Well i would have to say that is the smoothest and best handling quad ever works great. So anways i took it out had lots of fun with it. Now this thing would beat my blaster pretty easy and has a good amount of power. But it was like 2 smooth for me. So i tried my dads shee and the z seemed boring after.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The rush is amazing on that thing and i think that i just have 2stroke blood. Even though the handling and suspension and brakes aren't near as good i just don't think you can beat the fun factor on that shee. I love being able to just pop the clutch in 3rd at the bottom and up you go. Where as with a 4stroke you need a better run at it. So ya nothing against the z400 it was a good experience but i think riding my dads shee for 20 minutes made up my mind. I'll take the engine power of the shee over better handling, brakes and suspension of the z400.

Old 04-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Rocks!!

all in all it was a great trip and i had lots of fun. looking forward to the summer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Rocks!!

when you ride a raptor the banshee's are like rocks...bulky and not moving that fast and typically good for traction

Old 04-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Rocks!!

ya i'm sure the piped raps are more powerful then a z400 but like i said i just don't think i'll be a 4stroke guy.
and ya the shee's use old technology and are a bit bigger. but they are actually lighter then a raptor. and another thing i found out i'm not as big of fan for long term riding on those t-shaped seats i think i like the fat shee seat better but thats jmo. lata

Old 04-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Rocks!!

another thing thats interesting is how those 4-strokes seem to be going a lot slower then they actually are since they are so smooth...

Old 04-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Rocks!!

YUP
YUP
Long live the Banshee
Soon to die LTZ400

Old 04-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Rocks!!

bump for raptor 8

Old 04-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default The Banshee Rips

I purchased a 03 le shee about two months ago and the only thing I would trade it for is a bigger shee the sudden burst of power from a shee is almost better than sex!

Old 04-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default The Banshee Rips

i woudnt go that far

Old 04-24-2003, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default The Banshee Rips

hey who knows? hehe

cory maybe you should try a raptor....more power than the z400, handles differently...i like mine a lot! it is a rush almost like a banshee, a blaster gets left in the dust after 1st gear...and its got a skinny motorcycle type seat too! hehe

glad you had a goiod time! looks like rain here for our big annual joker poker run this weekend. oh well. since i wear glasses, i cant ride in the rain, so i guess i'll play with slot cars hehe never grow up dude!!!!
hey i stomped seans raptor friday in a drag down a dirt road... no contest. it was fun! and the other guys are right....the susp of the shee is stone age like the blaster and warrior...now if you put a banshee motor in a raptor.....you might have sumthin!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The Banshee Rips