Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

TTT

Old 04-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

Ive had 2 motors built by Ken, and both have been beyond expectations. 2 stroke motors. I have not had any problems with turn around time, but then again, i dont go in and say, heres my motor, I want a 420 stroker in two weeks. He has delivered when promised, even if he gets held up by his suppliers.

I just recently entered some 300 foot sand drags and entered my bike in the fastest trophy class, 350cc Open. This class held the fastest non drag bikes and i beat all comers easily for the win. Also another friend was in the 420cc+ Cash class and beat a few full on drag bikes running alcohol. He was on regular gas and took second. I know there were a few more bikes there that he built that placed in the top 3 of there class. This was not bracket racing against timing lights, just straight up run what ya brung, first to the line wins. Ken built me a motor that won.

This last weekend I went on a Poker run that covered 36 mostly slow going miles, not a problem at all. No overheating, no fouling plugs, at was all good!

I would not hesitate to take a 2 stroke, 4 stroke quad, trike, or bike to Kenz...

RoostkIng...

Old 04-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

Hello everyone this is Ken from Kenz Cycle Tech and I want to clarify a few items:

Azsands bill was not $1900.00 it was 1007.77 to be exact (780 was labor) and we did more than just motor work. As he has stated he asked us to make his bike faster. With his supplied parts we recommended different cams and a different carb for his application.
Because we have seen up to 10 More HP And 1500 More RPM'S using this combination. As you can see from the dyno sheet we made a major improvement to his horsepower reading over how the bike was prior. We are not bashing. Just setting the record straight. Kenz...

P.S. He did supply a bigger carb that we had problems with also.

Azsands Invoice

Dynosheet showing before and after runs

Old 04-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Range Rover
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

For a grand I am impressed, esp at the 8500 mark, there is a real nice gain... but from 68 to roughly 95 its all good. To bad your not up in the north east... I would like to seen what you could have done with my YZ.

Old 04-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

ttt

Old 04-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

I can say I have had two bikes built by kenz. A Banshee 420 stroker and a Raptor 690 both with all the works, both on alcohol. I am very, very happy with the work Ken has done for me. As far as deadlines goes my were a coulpe of days behind but no more than two days. I do gotta say in defense of ken and his deadlines the mans got a lot of Bikes to build because of his reputation of building fast bikes. If I have to wait a coulpe of days more to have a fast bike built and built rite it well worth it!
A coulpe of week ago I enter the Safford sand drag (one day after my raptor was complete one day!!not even time to fine tune it.) I won 1st place in the 600-700 open class and in 2nd place was also a raptor biult by kenz. At the end the day I raced my raptor against my banshee(set up for sand drags alcohol, drag pipes, pvl ing. the works) my raptor was only about 2 to 2 1/2 bike behind! this past weekend I went back out there and was spanking a honda cr500 dirt bike the guy could not believe that a four stoke was spanking him! I wish I could describe the look on his face!
In ending you cant go wrong with kenz- bikes are fast, dependable and he is local any problem you can go directly to him.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

BUMP

Old 04-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

what does 'bump' mean and 'ttt'?

Old 04-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

"BUMP" is just a word used to bring a topic back onto the front page. "TTT" is short for "To The Top". Also a way to keep it on the front page.

Old 05-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default Kenz Cycle Tech

Ken wht would you do this you should have just left it alone i said your having growing pian i left an excuss so why try to make me lookzelus !!!!

1.frist time thru. well my bike came out slower ken told me hey if its not what i said bring it back!! IOOO.00 dollars please!!!

2.i took her back any one who seen her run @ at fsw knows she was running slow so at the same time i have a 4+ swing arm installed .I SUPPLIED ALL PARTS. Frist i went thru as the young man was installing the swing arm and chain i noticed he was not doing the adj right so i showed him how to do it properly (guess what when i got it back the chain was slaping on my 680.00 powder coated swing arm) then me and ken put her on the dyno i was right there she was doing no better so we went to switching pipes (@ one point he had said my exhaust sucked) so i find where my exhaust pipe is partial pluged due to improper installation of the ehhaust gaskets and i bit my tongue finished the nights dynoing sesion and took my bike never to return.of course after paying ANOTHER 900.00 BILL
AS I SAID PART OF THAT WAS THE EXJAUST SYSTEM.any ways i thought if were having these problems then i better check this out a little farther so i started checking everything they did my intake was a joke i redid it and ken im willing to let it lye at this point you decide how much further you wish it to go !!!

As i said before ken is a good kid but he is having growing pains.

And i would think most builders would be happy for that rare ocassion when a coustomer walks in and say's make her fast no budget !!!!

All shops have rpoblems its how there solved that matters !!!!

1.coustom cycle made a BO BO on my 733 they made it right !!!

2. samcoe made a BO BO with there 733 kit just recently sam and me talked and he has offerd to make it right!!!!
( he had no way of contacting me so when forum member called him and inquired about my problem he was honest and to make a long storey short we got together on it) well GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION RAPTORAZ!!

I MUST GO RESOLVE SOME COUSTOMER ISSUES OF MY OWN !!!

Quick Reply: Kenz Cycle Tech