Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

700 efi fan inop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 efi fan inop.

My 07 700efi started overheating this weekend and i am fairly sure that it is due to the fan not running all the time. I noticed on saturday that my fan wasnt running when the temp light came on. I shut off the machine but left the key on, a little while later the fan came on but whent off before the temp light went out. After letting the quad cool down i removed the side panels (for better air flow) and drove it about another mile to the bar (where i spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for a trailer) with no problems untill i came to a stop and the light imediatly came on. Tried it again this mourning and the fan worked fine the first time it warmend up and then never ran again.

The radiator is clean and there is plenty of coolant in it althogh i did loose some when it was getting hot on the trails. I checked the connetion to the fan and it looked good, was tight and no sign of corrosion.

Anyone Ever seen problems like this before or know what to be looking for, i am skilled enough to do my own diagnosis but i know verry little about the efi system on these machines so any help is apreciated, i have waranty but its $50 copay if i take it in so if its easy enough i'll fix it my self.

Thanks in advance

Old 06-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

maybe the senser, or a thermostat. Im not sure if they have a thermostat though.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont know if it has a stat either but if it does its working, both radiator hoses are hot, i was thinking it could be the coolant temp sensor.