Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Qlink Rodeo 400

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qlink Rodeo 400

Hey I got a problem with my Rodeo 400 built in 2007.
When i tried to make it run after 2 years unused, it needed a little work but then started good. Because it idled and when gassed, turned of, i cleaned the carburetor. When i started it again, it ran extremely fast and at some point it smelled burned and it shut down. Since then i couldn't start it again without immediately blowing the main fuse. so i was looking for a short and it seemed like at some point there was smoke coming out of the CDI or some cables there. after that, i was able to put power on without blowing the main fuse but now it gives power on the display with key off but does not let me choke it.
What could it be?
Thanks in advance

Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet your carb is a CV. I too have one and tried to rebuild it. No go and mine did the same and races. Short story, I ordered a new one and am waiting for it.

As far as your blowing fuses, I bet by yours racing, it damaged your voltage rectifier. Basically the same as a voltage regulator in car alternators.

Sounds like you also smoked your CDI too. If it were me, I would replace the carb and rectifier for starters.

Not sure on your model if it has a separate rectifier, might be built in your stator.