Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

110cc solenoid or starter help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc solenoid or starter help.

Hi,

This is my first post and I am new to four wheelers and have been tackling fixer-uppers to learn more! Anyway I just finished a 1994 Honda fourtrax, ignition, brake, oil, filter, air filter change and solenoid rebuild and I feel very accomplished

Now I have this Chinese QIYE 110cc four wheeler that has a clicking solenoid and does not spark when I attempt to jump it. Over the past couple of weeks I have been searching high and low for the answer before I order any parts but have not found anything definite. Some people say it's the starter some say it's the solenoid...idk.

The four wheeler bump starts when I push it while in gear (key is turned to on, and kill switch off). The neutral lights up when the key is turned, the front light isn't on/turns on (not sure if it's a bad bulb), the rear light is on. I have unplugged the security box since I don't have the remote (is that the issue?). I have attempted to start the unit by holding the brake and pressing the start button but as mentioned I get a clicking noise only from the solenoid and no jump sparks what so ever. Also has a brand new battery.

I appreciate any help, I know the solenoid and starter are cheap but I want to make sure or at least trouble shoot before I buy. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Check that the earths from battery to frame and engine are good. Checking the solenoid and starter are dead easy. You need a 12v test lamp, the higher the wattage the better. Connect one wire to the starter "live" post and the other to earth. With ignition on and lockouts set, press the starter, if the solenoid clicks once but the light doesn't come on, you have a faulty solenoid, if the bulb lights, you have a faulty starter. If the solenoid doesn't click, you have a fault in the loom. If the solenoid buzzes you have a flat battery or a seized starter.

If you can tow start the machine, it must be sparking.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a picture of the lamp and where the wires go?

Old 10-08-2015, 03:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Afraid not, any 12v bulb in a holder with 2 wires from it, will work, we have a professional one which looks like a screwdriver with a wire running from the top. You clamp one wire on any earth point (like the engine fins for example) and connect the other wire to the end of the cable running from the solenoid to the starter motor.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I appreciate this and will provide an update. If anything I'll buy the new starter because I just want to sell it to make more room in my shed! I'll be tinkering around this weekend to see what I can figure out in between working on my Honda and riding my trials bike