General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

yeah, it was $300 plus shipping.

I've seen the pictures of the engine with oil cooling, I don't remember where though.
I couldn't understand why they would want small valves etc. on these engines until I remembered they where originally designed for mopeds. You know how freaky they are about gas mileage in asia and europe. I know when my cart was stock, I kept thinking, is this thing using any gas? you could ride for hours on less than a gallon. Also, I guess the small carbs are to boost low end power, which is nice except everybody runs theirs wide open!

Old 12-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Some pics are on Keen industries site... the same link as the 250cc kart. They have an engines link there. Keen is new here, with a HQ in USA which should help a bit with parts (hopefully)

Old 12-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys,

I have taken pictures of my KPX and I'll soon put them up for all to see. Been busy. I bought this KPX for my wife and kids but man am I impressed for the 1800 I paid! I also finally figured out what my spare tube is for. It was a crankcase vent. Also, I noticed after driving it a few times (I am in the super dusty Tucson, AZ area), the engine would bog down and I had to clean the air filter after every other ride to get the engine back to peak. Then, after about 10 hours of operation, I couldn't get the engine to go over 15 mph or so. I cleaned the air filter again but it still bogged down. I checked over everything really carefully and found the chinese had installed the fuel filter backwards! I replaced it with a honda crf250 filter and now I have 3 times the power I had before without any of the breather problems! ie. I don't clean the carb air filter every other flight now.

I thought it had a lot of power with the backwards filter but man it has a whole lot more now. The only other buggies I have ever driven was the Kasea Explorer 250 and the Honda Odyssey I had as a kid (the 250 2 stroke) and of course it doesn't compare to either of these machines but I am very impressed with what this thing has pulled me up. To place this in perspective. There is a rather large mountain called Casa Grande Mountain with very steep trails leading to the top. Maybe RaptorAz knows of it? This buggy halls butt to the top often spinning its wheels.

I still have questions for you guys though. I have decided to forgoe my motorcycle and buy another Kart within the next 6 months or so. If it wasn't for the price I would go with the Kasea Explorer with the Kymco 250. I can get the Kasea for 3400+shipping. However, there are a bunch of 250's coming out but are any of them as powerful as the Explorer? When I drove the explorer, the top speed and power was damn good. Not quite the bang for the buck of a KPX though. It was head and shoulders above the KPX but I could buy 2 KPX's for the price of one Explorer even at the 3400+shipping and not the 5400 msrp from my local dealership. The peirspeeds BTW are sloooooow. Saw them in action so I won't consider them.

Thus here are my options as I see them :
1.Buy the Kasea Explorer with the Kymco 250.
2.Buy the new timberwolf 250 which isn't any cheaper than the kasea (is it any better???)
3.Wait until KPX comes out with their 250 which acording to them is by march of next year at a price of around 3k.
4.Buy another cheap KPX and up grade it with the linhai 250. BTW is linhai the company that makes the engine on my KPX?

What do you guys think on these issues or is there other Karts out there I dont know about? I found a carter XTV two months ago for 2300, and some of you guys are impressed with it as well so this may be an option but I weigh 235 lbs so I am going for more power if I can. BTW I would be perfectly happy buying another KPX but an explorer would make me extremely happy if it weren't for two things, the price and a weak front suspension(I bottomed out a lot and can readily push the explorers front in all the way down with my own body weight).

Thanks

Old 12-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Heathcrom
Hi guys,

I have taken pictures of my KPX and I'll soon put them up for all to see. Been busy. I bought this KPX for my wife and kids but man am I impressed for the 1800 I paid! I also finally figured out what my spare tube is for. It was a crankcase vent. Also, I noticed after driving it a few times (I am in the super dusty Tucson, AZ area), the engine would bog down and I had to clean the air filter after every other ride to get the engine back to peak. Then, after about 10 hours of operation, I couldn't get the engine to go over 15 mph or so. I cleaned the air filter again but it still bogged down. I checked over everything really carefully and found the chinese had installed the fuel filter backwards! I replaced it with a honda crf250 filter and now I have 3 times the power I had before without any of the breather problems! ie. I don't clean the carb air filter every other flight now.

I thought it had a lot of power with the backwards filter but man it has a whole lot more now. The only other buggies I have ever driven was the Kasea Explorer 250 and the Honda Odyssey I had as a kid (the 250 2 stroke) and of course it doesn't compare to either of these machines but I am very impressed with what this thing has pulled me up. To place this in perspective. There is a rather large mountain called Casa Grande Mountain with very steep trails leading to the top. Maybe RaptorAz knows of it? This buggy halls butt to the top often spinning its wheels.

I still have questions for you guys though. I have decided to forgoe my motorcycle and buy another Kart within the next 6 months or so. If it wasn't for the price I would go with the Kasea Explorer with the Kymco 250. I can get the Kasea for 3400+shipping. However, there are a bunch of 250's coming out but are any of them as powerful as the Explorer? When I drove the explorer, the top speed and power was damn good. Not quite the bang for the buck of a KPX though. It was head and shoulders above the KPX but I could buy 2 KPX's for the price of one Explorer even at the 3400+shipping and not the 5400 msrp from my local dealership. The peirspeeds BTW are sloooooow. Saw them in action so I won't consider them.

Thus here are my options as I see them :
1.Buy the Kasea Explorer with the Kymco 250.
2.Buy the new timberwolf 250 which isn't any cheaper than the kasea (is it any better???)
3.Wait until KPX comes out with their 250 which acording to them is by march of next year at a price of around 3k.
4.Buy another cheap KPX and up grade it with the linhai 250. BTW is linhai the company that makes the engine on my KPX?

What do you guys think on these issues or is there other Karts out there I dont know about? I found a carter XTV two months ago for 2300, and some of you guys are impressed with it as well so this may be an option but I weigh 235 lbs so I am going for more power if I can. BTW I would be perfectly happy buying another KPX but an explorer would make me extremely happy if it weren't for two things, the price and a weak front suspension(I bottomed out a lot and can readily push the explorers front in all the way down with my own body weight).

Thanks

I would say the Timberwolf may be a good option, and it currently is a good deal cheaper. About $2700 and they are offering discounted shipping with liftgate service (well under the usual $300) so the overall price is quite good. Probably $900 less than the kasea when shipping is figured in. We just need some reviews in a few months.

I wasn't aware that KPX was going to have a 250. That's interesting... no idea what that will be like. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys ... Merry Christmas! Can you believe, Houston has a tiny bit of snow in the forcast for Christmas eve!!

The Blade arrived yesterday at my pal's warehouse. Stu promised it before Xmas ... whew, I was sweating it out. As it turned out, he was right on with everything he said from a timeline standpoint. Believe it or not, I didn't get to rush over and assemble and play. I'm sick as a dog with some winter bug, plus I have no place to put it until late Christmas eve once the kids have gone to sleep. Yep, I'll be assembling late at night xmas eve.

It looks like these carts are really taking off. Like I said before, someone will always build one better and faster. I do like that silver model you guys posted earlier in the thread. Nonetheless, I'm thrilled with my purchase with both looks and value. Just two more days until it's cranked up and going.

Joe

Old 12-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Great, let us know how it goes. Most important, after it's broken in, we'd love to hear an actual speed report if you have an accurate way of measuring it.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Heathcrom
There is a rather large mountain called Casa Grande Mountain with very steep trails leading to the top. Maybe RaptorAz knows of it?

Nope.

Old 12-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Can you give me directions to Casa Grande Mountain?? I live in CHandler, so its easier for me to get there than places west of Phoenix.

Old 12-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

do you know the sprocket teeth count on the atv

Old 12-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

that was to be the xtv by carter ,sorry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart