General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Sorry, busy day. Have some photos, but don't have time to post right now. A Mod sent me a private message. To more or less quote him, he said that the non-business exchange of personal information should be limited to private messages, if possible. I received it earlier today.

Wife is waiting ... later.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I joined the forum today, solely for the purpose of offering my thanks to whoever is responsible for restoring this thread. I have been reading it for some time now but until today, I have never had anything to say. (These guys have all the info; I just need the info.)

I'll bet there are many others like me (listeners) out here too. So for all of us "silent observers", I thank you!

By the way, a big thanks to all of contributors and the wealth of knowledge you guys share with the rest of us!

Doug

Old 01-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome Lurker! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm sure there are a bunch of you out there... why don't you all say "Hi!"???

-Steve

Old 01-09-2005, 04:42 AM
Trailblazer

hi lurk !!

welcome. take yer shoes off, sit a spell. if ya chaw, grab ya a bite, if ya drank, take ya a sip or two. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

seriously, welcome to the forum. these are a great bunch of guys.

ben

Old 01-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

The blade engine code is different and I have pictures to prove it straight from the horses mouth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Looks like JL15704

What this all means? Who knows! hah

But can add fuel to the fire of why blade seems to be getting more speed according to what has been heard so far.

I've posted tons of detail pics.

-Steve

Old 01-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hopsterguy
The blade engine code is different and I have pictures to prove it straight from the horses mouth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Looks like JL15704

What this all means? Who knows! hah

But can add fuel to the fire of why blade seems to be getting more speed according to what has been heard so far.

I've posted tons of detail pics.

-Steve

So what's your initial impression of your new Blade?

Old 01-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Range Rover

I couldn't find anything on the engine code on the web. At least it will let us compare and see if it is the same engine as the dazon. On a linhai, the engine code is lh157Q where the lh is linhai, the 1?, the 57 stands for the bore, Q?

I went to an eton dealer friday, the guy was talking about how fast their 150's where compared to the other chinese quads (he deals in both), the engine was the same basic shape with a few changes in appearance. When he cranked that motor up, I thought wow that doesn't sound like mine! Even with stock exhaust, this thing sounded like a performance motor, hit really hard, the guy was spinning the tires on the concrete. I also checked out a yerf dog motor on there mini suv truck thing they make. It also looks different, castings and transmission where different. Engine code was a bunch of numbers. Said howhit right on the side just like their go-carts.

Here is my update on 250cc engine research. earlier I posted the link to the similar looking water cooled 250 engine from the linhai factory. After doing web searches, I found out the engine LH170MM is used in scooters and 4-wheelers, sold as a 260cc. Well I beat it on down to the local tractor supply and looked at this engine in a manco talon 260. It looks like the engine will "probably" fit. It hangs the same way as mine, I guess they are all originally made for scooters. My only problem (besides money) is I don't know what the output shaft looks like. It goes into a gearbox which then outputs to a shaft drive, also the cvt is shrouded in black plastic making it hard to tell if it has the hole to attach the chain adjuster to. It would be nice if you could just take the transmission apart on the 150 and insert the output shaft into the 250. I am sure there is enough room behind the seat to put the longer cylinder of the 250 there. All the used ones I found on the net where $2000 which is too much in my opinion for scavenging the engine. If a person could find one for $1200 or so it might be worth it. Anyway, just throwing a few ideas out there. Oh yeah, the 250 (being water cooled) has much higher compression.

back to the blade, that rear sprocket is way smaller than mine, may account for higher top speeds?

also, sorry steve, no way to take video. If the blade turns out to need the dazon style exhaust, that white bros pipe sure looks cool!

Old 01-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorraz,

I didn't get it yet. These pics came in my e-mail by surprise. I had them posted eslewhere first... which apparantly I cant mention without this thread being yanked. I had to get rid of a bunch of my other pics to load them up here since they don't give us enough space for such things.

-Steve

Old 01-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Kell,

I would say, unless you really need that 250 mod now, it may be worth waiting and seeing if the plug and play solution is going to become a reality or not. From what I heard, it will even come with the needed brackets, etc to mount the radiator and everything. Only thing, there is no known eta yet... or if it is going to even happen for certain.

-Steve

Old 01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Range Rover

I must have missed something, I did not know there was an optional 250 mod coming out?

what manufacturer?

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart