General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

I test drove one of the peirspeed 250 carts, was very disappointed, the suspension does not move, I guess the shocks are just for looks. It really was slow, which suprised me. I ended up buying a 2005 twister hammerhead, It already has the larger valves and pushes 13HP without mods. With the pipe and intake from eastsidems, they claim I can gain another 3HP putting it at 16, almost the same as the 250 carts claim to be.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

check your private messages,
should be blinking up top.
kell

Old 04-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

So has anyone seen/drove one of the Explorer II or Titan II buggies?

Old 04-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Titan II is very similar to the regular Peirspeed... a good buggy.

The single seater looks pretty rad.

-Stevo

Old 04-16-2005, 06:35 AM
Trailblazer

hopsterguy - I would probably get a two seat buggy and that Titan II looks good with the GT package but they have no specs or info on their web page and hopsterguy said the peirspeed 250 was a dog lacked speed and suspension movement so is the Titan II similar in those ways? watching the videos it sure looks faster....

So who has the best deal on the Twister Karts they seem to be the one that everyone on here likes the best? Also I did read someplace that they will be coming out with a 250cc Kart later in 2005.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Both are geared for low end.. which is really good if you climb a lot of hills. If you want speed, you have to look elsewhere or re-gear.

Suspension movement lacking?? I wouldn't say that. I've largely changed my mind on these buggys after seeing some good video.

They are just not geared for speed... that's all. Otherwise they look pretty cool!

-Steve

Old 04-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Range Rover

I emailed a few people on EBAY that bought the Explorer 150cc karts. Replys were about 50/50 .
Some people liked em, some had problems. I bought one about 2 months ago here in Dallas.
It's a good kart if you drive it normally and don't dog it. I did break one of the front ball joints on
the steering strut. Screws will not stay in the headlights, but other than that it runs fine.

Originally posted by: brettFL
So has anyone seen/drove one of the Explorer II or Titan II buggies?

Old 04-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

I've been waiting to hear more about one of the Sunl buggys. I've heard mixed reviews as well.

Thanks for the report...

Old 04-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: hopsterguy
I've been waiting to hear more about one of the Sunl buggys. I've heard mixed reviews as well.

Thanks for the report...

On the Sunl and Explorer karts....I would have to say "avoid them". They are built fairly well, and have a good engine. But they do have one major design flaw. The front shocks come on the softest setting. The weight limit is 350 lbs per manual. If you're over 200 lbs, or you put 2 good sized adults in this kart without cranking the front shocks up, you'll pop the upper ball joint at the top A-arm. When you bottom out the front shocks, the edge of the steering strut hits the A-arm creating a lever effect, that breaks em. I broke 2. I weigh 260 lbs. I adjusted both front shocks to the max stiff setting so they don't bottom out and have not had problems since. I think it's a good kart for the money, but if you dog em, you'll have problems. You can pick em up on EBAY for $1499 + shipping and several places around Dallas sell em for $1599-1699.

Old 04-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hmmm just got a Silver Sahara 150 from xpmoto from E-bay, Ordered a Red burner 175cc delivered to my door, that is supposed to do 55mph under the right conditions? Had to go an hour to pick it up in another city, and on the way home with it in the back of my pick up we met those conditions lol... Now that it is together it goes about 32-36mph, also I think the engine is a 150cc not 175cc as advertised. The dealer is making all kinds of excuses for everything and blaming the shipping company for not delivering it to my door and takes no responsibillity at all, I even e-mailed him and explained to him that he advertised the shipping and I paid him for it, so he should give me the $100.00 back that was extra to my door, when I called him I get his fax machine? He had a high 96% customer satisfaction rating which I suspect he is his #1 customer if you get my drift. The negative reviews posted said exactly the same thing as me. Now for some good news I like the frame/chassis construction, it is easy enough to assemble even though instructions are minimal to say the least. I think once i mod it a little bit and get the power up it will be fun for me and my children. Do not believe every thing on E-bay this is my first and probably my last transaction, but I will wait and see how they respond. Caveat Emptor

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart