Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

vin location 500 foreman

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vin location 500 foreman

Does any one know where the vin number is located on an 06 foreman 500?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default vin location 500 foreman

I think under the front skid plate not shure though

Old 01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by BigALFX4
Does any one know where the vin number is located on an 06 foreman 500?
put it this way. if you have a winch then u cant see your vin cause the winch plate will cover it up. thats the prob i had .. i had to take the winch off just to get the vin number for a recall it had. its a dumb place to put it but thats where it is.. if u dont have a winch your in luck just look on the top plate that a winch would mount to and there will be your vin number stamped into the plate. they are hard to see and if you had any dirt or water up there it will prob be unreadable in the first place.. only honda does that dumb stuff.. all my other bikes have vin numbers in easy to read places that isnt coverd by a winch or anything. honda likes to make things complicated as they can. its the price you gotta pay for owning a honda. lol.. and have a good time finding and reading it. i hope i helped

Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default help help help please poor old quad

can anyone tell me how to take a bolt out of my honda foreman? it is on top of the motor and its long and white. it has some type of plug thats hooked onto it and you can pull it off. if u pull it off when its running the quad will shut off and then i put it back on and the quad runs good again. i dont like the looks of it so i want to take that big white bolt out of it. is there a special tool that you need to take it out? cause its to long for a socket to fit on it unless you have a really long one then maybe you could do it that way but i dont and iv never used a socket before so i dont know how to do it anyways. i have a socket set i got for xmass and when i open it up it has a bunch of sockets and this weird looking long thing that has a round top. i think it somehow hooks to the sockets but i cant figure out how to use it. and i cant figure out how to turn my lights on either. it says lights on the handle bars and there is this little thing that looks like a button but it dont move when i push it and lights wont come on so i think its broken. also when i start up the bike and give it gas it wont move. i dont know why but it wont. its brand new so it should move but i give it gas and it wont. someone else told me about something called gears and a gear shifter but i dont know what he means. what is a gear and shifter anyways? is that why my bike wont move ? do i have to do something with a shifter or something? there is a handle on the left side that has a P and a N and a D and a L but i dont know what it means? its black and i guess its there to hold onto if your going to fall off the bike. but you can fall off if the bike wont move.. and there is these four things on it also thats round and black. they are on the ground and looks like the quad is sitting on them. i dont like the looks of them so i want to take them off as well as soon as i can figure out how to use my socket set.i think they was put on it for shipping so the quad wouldnt get hurt cause they look to be soft and rubber. but i dont need to ship it now so they can come off .. can anyone help me please? hope you all got a good laugh outta that!!!

Last edited by harleyrider271; 01-05-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: forgot something