Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2003 foreman 450 ES (shifting problems)

hello everybody,,,i have a 2003 honda foreman 450 ES..sometimes when iam riding my quad the gear indicator # will start blinking,and will not shift up or down. However when i stops the quad and turns the key off then back on again it will shift perfect..this problem usually only happens when iam going 3/4 or more throttle ....I need help.....Can anybody help me with this problem....Thanks in advance your help...
Old 12-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Anybody know whats going on with my bike?????Please help
Old 12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

You have to count the number of flashes ... When you cycle the key off & on it resets the ESP system ..
Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

thanks for the reply honda mechanic......i went out in the garage and found the angle sensor on my foreman...took the guard off it...took the plug off it and blew both the plug and sensor out with the nozzle on my air compressor...put it all back together and took her for a good hard run for and hour or so.........everything worked great,never fuSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word ed up once,,knock on wood.......

2003 Honda Foreman ES
1 1/2 inch lift kit
26 inch Mud Lite XL Tires
Pollished Aluminum Rims
2500 lb Warn Winch
Front and Rear Bumpers
11,000 KMs
Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 PM

Tags
2003, 2006, 450, angle, es, foreman, gear, honda, indicator, location, problems, sensor, shift, shifting, trouble, wont