Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher ES problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 01:50 AM
Boy
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Rancher ES 4+4 with 2500miles, and have some serious shifting problems, sometimes it won't shift, like last winter when doing a lot of shifting up and down in the snow, it eventually just quit shifting and I was stuck. has anyone else had any problems with their electric shift Rancher, (or foreman). if so do you know how i can fix it.

Old 08-22-2001, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

First of all, you should make sure your machine has the shift plate update installed. If that's been taken care of, check the connections on the wire harness. I have had no problems with the ES on my rancher.

Also may want to check out the highlifter forums. Heard many of the utility types moved there discussions there.

Cheers,
Mark

Old 09-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm having the same problem somewhat with my Rancher ES it also has about 2500 miles on it. I first noticed the problem while just riding along and the ES would just stop working, after turning the switch off/on it would start working again. I read thur the owners manual and it said, that if it was manually shifted the ES would be turned off and turning the switch off then back on would reset the ES system.

But I had not been trying to shift manually, and it only done it a couple of times, I planned to have it checked the next time I took it in. Well the ES stopped working last week and I have not have the time to take it yet, but did call to see if they knew what may be wrong.

They told me that they have seen no problems like this, but felt that changing a sensor would correct the problem although they were unsure as to which one.

I don't care to pay to have it fixed, but I don't what to buy a bunch of parts for them to learn which one has the problem. I work in the electronic field and have done some trouble shooting and found that the shift switches do not have any power to them

So I would be also be interested in this discussion
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]