Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon mountain ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the new Rincon out Sunday for a short ride and what a machine. This machine flat out flys. When you hit the throttle you had better hang on because before you know it you are doing 50. The auto trans shifts around 35 when you stand on it and less if you are just putting along. When you go downhill the auto does not hold back well enough for me so I tried the esp mode and it works great. When you shift from 2 wheel to 4 wheel the only thing you notice is the indicator light on the display. The only mistake I made was letting the wife ride the machine now it is "goodbye Rincon" She was going to take the next machine we are getting in September but now that is "my machine". We rode on a gravel road at first and it seemed to wander quite alot. When I checked the tire pressure today one front had 4lbs. the other 6lbs. I will check the ride again on Saturday and see if adding air helps. I contacted the dealer and he said the toein may need to be adjusted. We rode tight trails up the mountain and through the woods (to grandmothers house we go)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and it performed great even over logs. I can't wait for other responses to the ride on this machine. Honda did their homework on this one even if it does not have disk brakes on the front or a locker. The seat on the Rincon is an interesting design. You cannot ride double. If another person sits behind the driver your feet are sticking straight out because of the width of the seat. The seat is like sitting on a comfortable easy chair. I will be glad to answer any questions. Great job Honda.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you need to adjust your toe out. Its something the dealer is "supposed" to do suring dealer set up, but I have NEVER seen a dealer do it.

Old 08-13-2002, 07:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the review.

How much faster is it then the Rubicon?