General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

recomend me an atv

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recomend me an atv

Hi,im planning to go to mexico to live but i also want to take a honda or suzuki quad with me...i only know how to drive automatic.I would be in a ranch where there is some mountains but no where to jump with a quad and need to decide wich atv to buy..pls help..

Old 07-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Are you looking for a sport or utility quad? What kind of elevation changes would you encounter on a typical day's ride where you'll be? Will you be riding with a passenger or only by yourself?

Old 07-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think something like a Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 would be a great all-around choice. I know you said Honda or Suzuki but it sounds like you want a quad that can do a little of everything. Its fully-automatic with push button on the fly 4x4. Its kind of a hybrid, a little bit utility and a little bit sport. Its smaller and lighter than any of the other utility machines but has more ground clearance than sport quads and has 4x4 and a cvt auto transmission. Here's an older review of one on here from 2009 https://atvconnection.com/forums/yam...ine-450-a.html I've seen them priced around $3000 in good condition used in my area, some even a little less. They have great power on low end but aren't super fast on top end, around 50 mph or a little more stock is what they top out at. They are very nimble on the trail and great at climbing hills. I owned one once myself so I have first-hand knowledge of the machine.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:05 AM
pro rider
Cool

Originally Posted by greg74
I think something like a Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 would be a great all-around choice. I know you said Honda or Suzuki but it sounds like you want a quad that can do a little of everything. Its fully-automatic with push button on the fly 4x4. Its kind of a hybrid, a little bit utility and a little bit sport. Its smaller and lighter than any of the other utility machines but has more ground clearance than sport quads and has 4x4 and a cvt auto transmission. Here's an older review of one on here from 2009 https://atvconnection.com/forums/yam...ine-450-a.html I've seen them priced around $3000 in good condition used in my area, some even a little less. They have great power on low end but aren't super fast on top end, around 50 mph or a little more stock is what they top out at. They are very nimble on the trail and great at climbing hills. I owned one once myself so I have first-hand knowledge of the machine.
i agree with you, i had an 07 yamaha wolverine 450 4x4 and it was one of the most reliable quads ive ever owned, it has a digital speedometer and the fastest ive ever gotten it was 57 mph, the 4 wheel drive works great and even if you wanted to use it as a sport atv, in my opinion it would be a perfect quad for what your looking for.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish Yamaha had continued making it. A nice upgrade in power would have been to use the Grizzly 550 engine. That would have made it fuel injected as well. I guess sales weren't that great so they just ended its run after 5 model years, 2006-2010. Its smaller size made it easier to haul too, it fit in the bed of an S-10 pickup.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:59 PM
bbrrraaaaAAAAPPPPP

You might've already tried, and people will probably disagree with me, but from my experiences, learn a clutch! After I learned it, I can't stand driving autos, even in a car! Yeah, the Wolverine is a great hybrid. Honda has a huge range of utility quad options. Suzuki makes great sport quads. You could go for a Polaris Scrambler, too.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Original poster joined on the 9th and asked his question and hasn't been back since. It would be nice if he checked in and let us know what his thoughts are on the input people took the time to type.