Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Brute Force 300 Starter

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Brute Force 300 Starter

I have a 2013 Kawasaki Brute Force 300 and it has been a great quad so far. This weekend I took it riding and when I went to start it to get it out of the shop when I pushed the start button all I heard was a clicking under the seat. So I made sure that the kill switch wasn't on and that it was in neutral and all that was ready for it to start. So after messing with it for about 20 minutes I said screw it and I pull started it so that I could head to the trail. When I got to the trail I tried to start it again and it still wouldn't start I just head the clicking again. So yet again I pull started it. After I rode awhile I went back to the truck to get something to eat. But when I went to start it it actually started with the start button. What would be causing this? Could it be my starter or my starter button? Any help would be nice

Old 05-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd check all connections starting at the battery,then to the solenoid and also to the starter. Plus the starter button,wiring etc.All it takes is a little corrosion to keep one from starting or a bad ground or power wire. If the starter is easy to take out you can bench test it to see if it sticks every now and then. Worn brushes,dirt,flat spot on the armature could be the problem also. If you narrow it down to a starter motor it self this place should be able to help.DB Electrical - Kawasaki