Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paid $800 for it I have had this atv for a while now I say about 2-3 years and it runs good. I haven't bought anything for it except a new air filter. Have had some problems with it very minor problems like that it was leaking gas. I love it when my cousins come we always ride it around. But now the back brakes don't work because I have to get a new disc brake for it. I can go about I'll say 30-40 mhp which is slow but seems fast when your on it. Had a thing o the black to carry stuff but it broke about after 2 years.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:37 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I'll probably catch heck for this... but you get what you pay for. The castings and metalugy are sub par to what we have come to expect from the big companies.
Agreed , that's why there are so many "No spark" posts. When you can buy a new stator for $20 its likely to behave like its worth $20.
A brand name stator cost between $150 to $250 on a small bore ATV.

Better off buying a used 250 brand name for $2000 and sell 3 years later for $1700 to the next person.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

Panther 110cc in pink camo, I believe it is an 07 model but not sure. Bought it from an employee of mine not running for $150.00 bucks earlier this year. Still had the little mold hairs on the tires. Pulled the carb and cleaned the most God awful gunk out of it, unplugged the low speed jet and valve that fills the bowl. Purchased a new battery, new NGK plug and it has run every since. I only use no ethanol fuel in it and have added a decent filter for carb and fuel with shut off. Forgot the starter, light switch housing was cracked and I spent around $20.00 replacing that with new. I think I have about $215 total in it.

The bad, suspension sucks big time. Even if my 170 lb. butt doesn't compress it much. Her 65 lbs. does little to nothing to compress the springs. I think it is sprung for at least a 250 lb. man if not more. The little U bar at the rear end looked to be about 1.5" off the ground. She probably got stuck on our little woods trail a half dozen times. I saw it off today and it raised the ground clearance to near 3.5". I think it had about 10 lbs. of air in all the tires and I have finally reduced it to 3.5 lbs. per tire to try to keep her teeth in her head, lol. So far besides that I have no complaints except for the ride quality. I am working on higher quality replacement shocks now. I do now that a Kymco Mongoose 90 rear shock will fit and rides better. May have to fab a drop down bracket for new front shocks. She probably has about 10 hours on it so far.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
Agreed , that's why there are so many "No spark" posts. When you can buy a new stator for $20 its likely to behave like its worth $20.
A brand name stator cost between $150 to $250 on a small bore ATV.

Better off buying a used 250 brand name for $2000 and sell 3 years later for $1700 to the next person.
Most people buy these because they're CHEAP. They're basically throwaway machines. Use them until your child gets too big for them and then throw it away.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Like Quads from any country they vary in quality. Judging by the number of posts on here Tau Tau seem to be junk, from personal experience of mending them Eton 40s are not bad, most with that 90cc two stroke, Apache, Polaris, etc, seem OK. Chinese makers use road springs that are too strong for Kids Quads, and Chinese electrical parts are not up to ND or Mitsuba standards. Gearboxes are also suspect though they do seem to have got variators worked out.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The problem with these chinese quads is that you don't really know which ones are good quality and which ones are not. You might get a $500 quad of decent quality or a $500 pile of scrap. Reviews aren't always helpful. I think sometimes the manufacturer has someone post positive reviews so that their product appears to be of good quality. A lot of them are made by the same company too, they just put a different name on it for a different customer but its the exact same machine. At least the parts are dirt cheap. I'd just buy an older Honda kid's quad and your quality issues would be nonexistent.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chinese motorcycles and quads can be a good value if you're mechanically inclined. They're generally simple in design and most engines are bullet proof. The main problem areas are poor assembly, lack of dealer service, and lack of service documentation. For the average Joe this is a deal killer but for someone with mechanical experience it's easy to keep them running well and make them last a long time.

I'm a former motorcycle mechanic who bought a Lifan 200 motorcycle in 2007, never figuring it would last 53,000 trouble free miles (so far). I also own a 2005 Zongshen 200 motorcycle, a Lifan 140cc powered Trail 90, and recently a 250cc Chinese quad. The 200s and 250 engines are all clones of the Honda CG125 push rod engine and the 140 is a clone of the Honda horizontal engines. The quality of all of them is excellent.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

No doubt, mechanical inclination is desirable! An engineering back ground would be helpful too! For what they cost, and what I paid, they are a good buy. Many people sell them used for very cheap needing nothing more than a carb cleaning!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

love the little 110 i got my little one. 3 years of trouble free riding. It was a basket case when i got it but have never had to touch the engine or carb.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

My son has 2 Chinese atvs and they've performed great for the years we've had them. Have an 06 JCL 110 utility that we've put through hell, mud, and water. Had it roughly 2 years now and it requires premium gas or it will run like crap. Have only replaced the battery when first bought. Have a kazuma meerkat 50 that's just awesome. Bought new battery, plug, performance cdi, and just recently a steering column. Have had it for about 6 years. It's all in how you maintain them.

Quick Reply: Reviews of Chinese ATVs