Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

watercooled vs. air cooled

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default watercooled vs. air cooled

I guess Honda should start putting water cooled engines in there unreliable quads.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: billl2099
if you really think an air cooled engine ( even with a oil cooler) has more reliability than an water cooled engine

I mis typed my first post. It should have said oil vs air. not water cooling

Im still guessing your SunL engines didnt last long enough to test.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

you know this shouldn't even be a topic for discussion today, maybe 40 years ago, but not today, crap is crap weather it's jetmoto or sunl no matter what you call it, i guess you haven't been reading any of my posts what i think about sunl crap eaither. yea if the choice was between oil cooled and air cooled then obviously any tpye of cooling better than nothing, but the question was air cooled or water cooled, guess you can't read eaither, so my choice is water cooled, more reliable, last longer, runs cooler, power doesn't drop off significantly when hot, and i can go on and on but why? the better choice is water cooled.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:19 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

you know this shouldn't even be a topic for discussion today, maybe 40 years ago, but not today, crap is crap weather it's jetmoto or sunl no matter what you call it, i guess you haven't been reading any of my posts what i think about sunl crap eaither. yea if the choice was between oil cooled and air cooled then obviously any tpye of cooling better than nothing, but the question was air cooled or water cooled, guess you can't read eaither, so my choice is water cooled, more reliable, last longer, runs cooler, power doesn't drop off significantly when hot, and i can go on and on but why? the better choice is water cooled.

I was just offering my knowledge on air vs oil cooled engines. Of course water cooled is better.

The question to me is a Chinese water cooled engine better than a Chinese oil or air cooled engine.

Of course you think SunL is Crap. You lost a few grand didnt you? Yes I can read and I have read most of your posts bill2099. I find most of them clouded by your financial losses with that SunL company.Thats too bad, because you seem to know a thing or two.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

The Question was Chinese atv Air vs Water cooling! I have read lots of bad reports about Chinese Radiators and Water pumps. I personally do not want to be miles away from the trailer and have the Radiator or water pump go bad. So being that the Jetmoto is air cooled with the aid of a external oil cooler it is with in this category! The oil cooled Jetmoto to me sounded safer and better then either Chinese offering, it's one of the reasons I have two Jetmoto 250's on the way should be here with in an hour or so.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

Please post us an initial review of those 250's. I am very interested to see how it does.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

see wrong again , lost 0 money on sunl, only had 1 broken frame on the 90cc sunl and raceway took care of it replaced it with the mini 100,

outofline. show me one thread showing a problem with the radiator or water pump problem, i only know of 1 appox a year ago.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

that 1 was probably me...all fixed and doing fine now.

hoyt

Old 03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

see wrong again , lost 0 money on sunl, only had 1 broken frame on the 90cc sunl and raceway took care of it replaced it with the mini 100,

outofline. show me one thread showing a problem with the radiator or water pump problem, i only know of 1 appox a year ago.
I thought you were in on the Sunl lawsuit poll thread.

Are saying that Chinese water cooled engines are reliable?

Old 03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

My sources about Water Cooled are not limited to this site or the net. I have visited many Chinese dealers with in 50 miles of my home and have talked extensively with them in person and email. And perhaps the cases I have heard about are few compared to the numbers that are out there running fine! I guess I just feel the less moving systems on these quads the less that can go wrong. I don't think any of the Chinese quads are going to be perfect and 100% reliable as you would expect a Japanese quad to be. Even the 07 Jetmoto's have not shown to be flawless to date, so I am taking my chances but I feel pretty good about them, time will tell.

Quick Reply: watercooled vs. air cooled