Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ATVs increase property values

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATVs increase property values

The anti-ATV crowd really wants to keep this fact quiet, great news in New Hampshire.

"We’re not a mill community anymore, and one of the big things that happened to Berlin is the OHRV system,” Morency said. “We’ve taken it very slowly and we built a through-way system so they (ATVers) can access 100 miles of trails and we’re finding quite a demand for that. And we’re finding people are actually buying houses” along the connector, he said."

Berlin may expand access for ATVs | New Hampshire Outdoors

It's also happening in West Virginia near the Hatfield/McCoy trails, and the Paiute trails in Utah.

http://www.atvtirestore.com/blog/atv...l-communities/

Old 02-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Range Rover

Illinois is catching on too. It recently started selling Off-Highway Vehicle Usage Stamps. It hopes to generate enough funds (along with matching federal funds) to develop public-access trails for ATVs.

News : Illinois Off-Highway Vehicle Usage Stamps to expand public-access trails in Illinois

Old 02-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's a win, win situation for struggling cities and towns that have areas that can be developed into trails. I gladly go on vacation in areas where I can access lodging, food, and gas right off the trail systems. Going back up to Jackman this summer for riding.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

I can ride to a public trail from my driveway in about two minutes. Needed to downsize and advertised the place for sale in an ATV market but got no response. Got some inquiries from snowmobilers, but no offers. Finally sold to a tree hugger. Then tried to find a smaller place on an ATV trail, but couldn't find anything. Being on or near trails would have been a plus for me, and I would have paid more. Maybe times are changing, at least in some places.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Range Rover

Illinois has delayed their off road vehicle tax. Seems there was too much confusion on where those dollars were really going to go. I've ridden Hatfield McCoy & Paiute trails and am very impressed with the hospitality from everyone involved.

The way the tree huggers have closed natural areas in Illinois to anything that might damage a blade of grass and the NIMBY people who have worked relentlessly to remove all abandoned rail beds, I have a hard time justifying giving them $15 per machine so it can disappear and never be seen again. I will continue to ride on trails on my property.

Last edited by jcdc04atv; 05-14-2014 at 10:23 PM. Reason: spelling