OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Moose's musings

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

"If men ... give up any essential natural right, the eternal law of reason and the great end of society, would absolutely vacate such renunciation; the right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of Man to alienate this gift, and voluntarily become a slave." --Samuel Adams, Rights of the Colonists, 1772

Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Moose not Musing and more

Old 06-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Moose has been busy working. Still musing. Just not as much time to put my rambling thoughts into words.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

So of my thoughts are best not written down......

Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

After what Obama and the Supreme Court did this week,sounds like we are moving backwards not forward in this country. By passing Congress and starting to sound like the very reason we distanced ourselves from British rule.Gonna be interesting down here with what Greg Abbot had to say along with others.Even though I'm not crazy about the guy,Huckabee had a few choice words among others that I agree with.

"Friday's 5-4 Supreme Court ruling giving same-sex couples the right to marry nationwide was just the latest development that appears to boost liberals and challenge conservatives determined to preserve traditional values.
"The Supreme Court has spoken with a very divided voice on something only the Supreme Being can do -- redefine marriage," said 2016 Republican candidate Mike Huckabee, siding immediately with evangelicals in the conservative base.

"I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch," Huckabee said. "We must resist and reject judicial tyranny, not retreat."

And Florida Sen. Marco Rubio offered the first hints of a conservative fight, placing the future ideological direction of the Supreme Court -- and the likelihood that the next president will have the chance to replace several aging justices -- at the center of the 2016 campaign.

"As we look ahead, it must be a priority of the next president to nominate judges and justices committed to applying the Constitution as written and originally understood," Rubio said in a statement.

And despite the forest of gay rights activists' rainbow flags that overwhelmed the marble plaza in front of the Supreme Court Friday, there are signs this battle in the culture wars will not be abandoned just yet — especially with possible Supreme Court cases on issues like abortion looming in the near future."

Old 06-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

In both Roe vs. Wade and this decision the court essentially wrote into the Constitution rights that had not been defined. Somehow they found in the right to privacy that an unborn baby could be killed. In this case they somehow found a way to overrule states rights and make gay marriage legal in all 50 states. Once again trampling on states' rights to make laws about concerns not addressed in the Constitution.

We've seen the supposedly "tolerant" homosexual movement bully cake bakers, photographers, and other businesses into catering gay weddings or lose their businesses to lawsuits or government shutdown. If my God calls something sin I can't support it in any way, shape, or form. Sin is what God judges on that final day. I don't want people, any people, to go to Hell. I hope everyone repents and asks the Lord into their hearts. If I support a behavior in thought, speech, or action I assent to it. I won't do that.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

In this most recent Supreme Court case Kennedy, writing for the majority said, “Those who adhere to religious doctrines, may continue to advocate with utmost, sincere conviction that, by divine precepts, same-sex marriage should not be condoned.” Note the usage of the words advocate and condone. Those are words that imply that we Christians or others who disagree with same sex marriage can speak about it and don't have to condone it. It doesn't say what will happen if we refuse to marry gay couples or have them on our churches' staffs. I get the feeling we'll see gay couple coming into churches they know disagree with them and demanding they be married in those churches.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Greg Abbott has lawyers lined up ready and waiting if any law suits come our way. Plus the Texas Supreme Court has had provisions set up for protection against law suits for anyone that refuses to marry parties of the opposite sex based on their own religious feelings or conscience. Gonna get interesting down here in months ahead. Don't mess with Texas as the saying goes..

Old 06-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Greg Abbott has lawyers lined up ready and waiting if any law suits come our way. Plus the Texas Supreme Court has had provisions set up for protection against law suits for anyone that refuses to marry parties of the opposite sex based on their own religious feelings or conscience. Gonna get interesting down here in months ahead. Don't mess with Texas as the saying goes..
I'm thankful that states like Texas are standing up for what is right and good. It's been a constant losing battle here in Mass. It's my hope that other states don't go the way of Mass.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Mississippi I think is talking about abolishing marriage licenses altogether. Now that would be something to think about as to what kind of problems this decision, if it's more than just trash talk, would do. Such as property,children,who gets the dog,etc in case of separation since if you weren't married you can't get divorced.. Texas still has the common law marriage on the books if it came down to that,but this is getting kind of screwy. Any way,now I pronounce you husband and husband, partner and partner,wife and wife,spouse and spouse just doesn't sound right to me.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Mississippi I think is talking about abolishing marriage licenses altogether. Now that would be something to think about as to what kind of problems this decision, if it's more than just trash talk, would do. Such as property,children,who gets the dog,etc in case of separation since if you weren't married you can't get divorced.. Texas still has the common law marriage on the books if it came down to that,but this is getting kind of screwy. Any way,now I pronounce you husband and husband, partner and partner,wife and wife,spouse and spouse just doesn't sound right to me.

It's only going to get worse........

Quick Reply: Moose's musings