Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think??

hello opt

i was surfing ebay and came across this rectifier and wanted to ask you your thoughts. it seems i have put a new one on my wheeler once a year or close to it.

1998-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV Plug-In Electric Regulator / Rectifier | eBay

thanks

Old 10-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm beginning to become a little leery on the quality of a lot of aftermarket electrical components as most are Chinese and you know what their reputation is on electrical parts.Plus if you keep blowing regulators,something may not be right down south in the stator area. Either oem or Ricks electrical parts do I trust any more and I'm not so sure on them sometimes.. Also if you don't have that little aluminum strip mounted behind these regulators you've been getting that could cause problems since it's a heat sink to help dissipate heat from this area.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just put a new stator in so I will eek if it goes bad now, but I never seen this type before... gotta love today's world cheaper the better....

Old 10-27-2016, 03:39 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitetailhunter8955
gotta love today's world cheaper the better....
I'm old school.. You use to be able to get what you paid for,the higher the price usually better quality. Don't know if you can say that anymore or not on a lot of things.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A new rectifier every year? I've owned several older quads and I don't think I've ever had to replace a rectifier on any of them. At least its pretty easy to replace. A couple bolts and plug it in, basically as easy as putting in a new battery.